Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Officers' Lounge.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » OK i AM NOW GOING TO BE ONLINE WITH IN 2 WEEKS OR LESS (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OK i AM NOW GOING TO BE ONLINE WITH IN 2 WEEKS OR LESS
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the site doesn't go live on time, what will the excuse be? His dog ate it?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His dog ate the light blue splotches.
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plaid.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My word, we're all bitchy today, aren't we?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I for one am looking forward to 21 decks' worth of plans on the E/E-A.

Gotta have something to the withdrawal pangs now that TrekPulse is down for good.

Timo Saloniemi

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's gone, is it? Why?

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bollocks. According to the statement on the main page it's due to politics with the people who worked on the site, some server problems and Paramount breathing down their necks. That was a bloody useful resource.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Will Gerard Gilso seems to have done some good work before on Flare, and all in 10 posts.
Or is it his son that is named Will?

The third post in this thread (regarding the closing of his former site) gets a whole new meaning in this post-ROTS world we live in today.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/6/2397.html?

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get the Gilso haters on Flare. I really don't know. Some of you guys pick on him like he's a door to door salesman.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Well, I for one am looking forward to 21 decks' worth of plans on the E/E-A.

Gotta have something to the withdrawal pangs now that TrekPulse is down for good.

Timo Saloniemi

Here you go, Timo: The Star Trek LCARS Blueprints Database Third set down on the left is the David Schmidt E-A set.

Gooden appetite. [Big Grin]

Griffworks
Member # 1014

D'Oh! Just clicked on one of the pic links and discovered that those all go to a link to contact David Schmidt. I've got the set and recommend them, tho won't intimate that they're 100% accurate. They're certainly the nicest set of E-A deck plans I've got in my collection, tho.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CRAP! Trekpulse has gone!?!

QUICK - did anyone get ALL the captures!?! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Irishman:
I don't get the Gilso haters on Flare. I really don't know. Some of you guys pick on him like he's a door to door salesman.

We dont hate Gerard! We're just asses. [Wink]

I have all his stuff saved as reference on my computer- though I disagree wih his size on the Sabre, I find everything else incredible.

We all lamented the loss of his website the first time around and had a whole thread on it.

Gerard, any chance you will offer high res versions of your fleet charts? I tried to print one on a large format plotter at work a while back but it was pretty choppy larger than 11x17".

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
CRAP! Trekpulse has gone!?!

QUICK - did anyone get ALL the captures!?! [Smile]

Fuuuck. I'd have saved them had I known...well, the starship stuff anyway.
I kept hoping for them to do caps of WOTW.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with the new hosting plan, Gerard! I hope you have a decent amount of free traffic.

quote:
Certain factors have always made the operation of this website that much harder and less achievable. Among these are the high costs involved in running the site, the huge amount of time involved, the new server technical problems, the unnecessary politics involved in daily operations and last but not least the ever increasing and recent legal/copyright warnings and restrictions which make running a website based on Star Trek much more difficult and perilous.
This sucks. But it's so true. They named the exact reasons why running a big site is so hard.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Lee
Member # 393

I have always hated Gerard, and I always will. I can never forgive him for the death of my boy.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps