Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Officers' Lounge.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » OK i AM NOW GOING TO BE ONLINE WITH IN 2 WEEKS OR LESS (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OK i AM NOW GOING TO BE ONLINE WITH IN 2 WEEKS OR LESS
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can always patch and re-inflate him, you know.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason: every now and then, it might be a good idea to clean out your pm-box...I can�t send you a private message, it says you box is full..I got your message btw, both of them, and thanks!!! Look forward to it.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
You can always patch and re-inflate him, you know.

Isn't that his girlfriend???

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here, we have a classic example of American over-eargerness. If you had simply gone with "Isn't that his girlfriend?" I would have chuckeld. But by overloading the statement with 3 (three!) question marks, you draw attention to it and make it seem too keen to please. When someone has something funny to say, they should never come across as "oooh, I've just thought of something brilliant you must hear it you will laugh!". Instead, they must pretend that they say funny stuff all the time, and that their latest joke is a throwaway comment that will be supersceded by whatever piece of wit they will say next. Only then will people appreciate you as a clever smug bastard.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't wait two weeks before making it, though, or everyone will have long forgotten the context of the joke and just quietly think you are a dimwitted fool.
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But wait a minute, Liam took two weeks to respond to Ritten!

Oh I get it that's a joke - right???

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is Liam's clever smug bastardness showing.... er, wit.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps