Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 10)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more thing - have a look at the picture gallery at the CNN link above.

Firstly - the E-D's portside bussard collector is missing.

Secondly - is the guy taking a home movie of the DS9 model anyone from here?

Thirdly - *60* filming models!?!

Finally - so the Ambassador Model is there and looks to be in good nick - why did they say for years that it was 'broken' and couldn't be used for filming!?!

Grr.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe something to do with the lighting or motion control was damaged.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ambassador model is broken in some places. There's a big split in the wood around the shuttlebay, if you look at the pics I took of it. Perhaps it still could've been used, but maybe they were worried how it'd look if the director demanded an aft view?

It looks like they've taken down all the pics of the lots from their website. I only managed to save the first 200(of 1,000) and of course all the ship pics.

I'm also surprised that they didn't flog the Wolf 359 ships. Good on Okuda for keeping it, I'm sure I would in his position. [Big Grin] There were also some other Trek models that I would have expected, or would have been nice to see. That Romulan shuttle from DS9 was a great design. And I know they made a model of the Holoship from Insurrection. Also, the Borg Queen's neck would've created a lot of interest, I think.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From IMDb:

Star Trek fans from around the world have spent more than $7 million snapping up memorabilia from the TV and movie franchise at a three-day New York City auction celebrating its 40th anniversary. The sci-fi sale concluded on Saturday with more than 1,000 lots, including costumes, models and props, going under the hammer at Christie's - with most items fetching far more than their estimated price. The highest value item was a model of the Starship Enterprise-D, which attracted a staggering winning bid of $576,000. It had been estimated to fetch just $25,000. A model of the Starship Enterprise-E sold for $132,000, and a Borg cube model from Star Trek: First Contact fetched $96,000. They were only expected to raise $8,000 and $1,000 respectively. Captain Jean-Luc Picard's chair sold for more than $62,000, while the auction's final lot, a model of the Starship Enterprise-A, fetched $284,000. John Wentworth, executive vice president of communication at CBS Paramount Television, says, "We were thrilled to be able to bring (fans) tangible, coveted pieces from our beloved Star Trek, and they now own Trek history and have made this auction a huge success."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From IMDb:

Star Trek fans from around the world have spent more than $7 million snapping up memorabilia from the TV and movie franchise at a three-day New York City auction celebrating its 40th anniversary. The sci-fi sale concluded on Saturday with more than 1,000 lots, including costumes, models and props, going under the hammer at Christie's - with most items fetching far more than their estimated price. The highest value item was a model of the Starship Enterprise-D, which attracted a staggering winning bid of $576,000. It had been estimated to fetch just $25,000. A model of the Starship Enterprise-E sold for $132,000, and a Borg cube model from Star Trek: First Contact fetched $96,000. They were only expected to raise $8,000 and $1,000 respectively. Captain Jean-Luc Picard's chair sold for more than $62,000, while the auction's final lot, a model of the Starship Enterprise-A, fetched $284,000. John Wentworth, executive vice president of communication at CBS Paramount Television, says, "We were thrilled to be able to bring (fans) tangible, coveted pieces from our beloved Star Trek, and they now own Trek history and have made this auction a huge success."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Christies is no longer looking down their noses at the auction, I take it?

I knew that Borg Cube would go for some crazy cash but...damn.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We were thrilled to be able to bring (fans) tangible, coveted pieces from our beloved Star Trek, and they now own Trek history and have made this auction a huge success."

Yes, I'm sure that was what thrilled them about this auction.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
~23x the asking price for the E-D! Wow.

NOW, the question is - where the majority of this stuff went!?!

The pictures will be in the catalogue - did anyone buy the catalogue?

Are they still showing the auction at history.com? I only got to HEAR a small amount of it - none of the 'big' items.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Found it! Here are the asking prices and selling prices of various items from the auction!

Some pictures are there too. Does anyone know if they dragged out each item when it was bid on?

DS9 went for $132,000 [Frown] Should have gone for 10x that amount.

The Klingon Bird of Prey went for heaps!!

I feel sad that all these things are gone, and I'm quite amazed at some of the things they actually kept - McCoy's space suit from The Tholian Web!?!

Wow.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone took about 224 hi-res up-close pictures of the E-A and E-D! [Eek!]
http://204.2.104.176/karl/christiesaucday01/index.htm

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Karl Tate, I know who he is. Makes props and stuff. Nearly bought a PPG off him.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another model I would've expected them to sell, the Nebula class. They sold everything from the Ent-D to the Yeager, but not that.

That's probably a good thing.

Wow, those pics are great. The models look even better close up than I would've imagined.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also cover just about every angle from which we've seen the E-D, excpet directly above or below. Awesome stuff!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone got a rear-view of the Klingon station?
I dont think we've ever seen one.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well noone has captured the video or stills from the video on the front page of history.com yet!?!

It is still there. I don't know how to do it - but it zooms right into the 'shuttle bay' of Ty'Gok'Or the Klingon Station - and close ups of other things - lots of fast editing.

How much did the Rom BOP go for and the Ferengi Marauder!?!

Oh and the E-A blankets from Star Trek VI?? I have ALWAYS thought they looked cool. Didn't realise they were brown - they looked white in the movie. Unless they were the ones on the beds not the ones they wrap around Kirk and McCoy after coming back from Rurapenthe?

Bugger they are re-showing the auction on history.com but it's from 12am to 8am my time [Frown]

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps