Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Who designed these? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who designed these?
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know who designed these ships?

Prometheus-class
K't'inga Battle Cruiser
Negh'var Attack Cruiser
Jem'hadar "bug"
Jem'hadar Battle Cruiser
Jem'hadar Battle Ship ('Valiant')
Hideki Fighter
Romulan Scout/Science
Romulan Runabout

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dax (edited July 24, 1999).]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know who designed them, but what I do know is that the Prometheus was based on an early Voyager concept.

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your thinking what I'm thinking the Dauntless from 'Hope and Fear' is more like that early Voyager design.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Sternbach recently mentioned that the Prometheus is not based on that early Voyager model. There aren't any similarities anyway, besides the triangular "saucer."

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"If you feel that there is some intelligent reason why the immortality and happiness of 600 people should outweigh doubled life-spans and freedom from disease for billions, feel free to let me know. Surely, if they were one-tenth as moral and caring as they claimed to be, they would have shared their incredible discovery." - Mike Wong

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, okay.

Back to the main question: I think the best way to approach this is by grouping them by series.

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The engines on the Prometheus are similar to those of an early Voyager concept model, I think.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say the engines on the Prometheus were direct copies of those from the Enterprise-E. . .
Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Enough about the Prometheus.

Isn't there someone who can awnser the original question??

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'll take a stab at some of them. (Those that I can remember, anyway, having already clicked the post reply button.)

The K't'inga class was simply a more detailed version of the old D-7s from TOS. As such, it was essentially designed by Matt Jeffries.

Ok, I forget the rest.

------------------
"We kid around a lot about people who are cyclopses, but seriously; if you're a mythic figure you've got challenges that no one should have to deal with."
--
John Flansburgh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prometheus: Um... Might be Sternbach. I'm not entirely sure.

K't'inga: Well, like Sol said, it was just a more detailed version of Jeffries' D7, but I believe the changes were designed by Andy Probert.

Romulan science ship: Being from the early TNG years, this might have been another Probert, but that's just a guess.

------------------
"Merde!"
-commander of Napoleon's army, upon learning that the Duke of Wellington's forces had received assistance and were requesting his surrender

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

Damn, someone must know these. Here are my own guesses:

Prometheus - Sternbach
K't'inga - Probert
Negh'var - no idea
Jemmy Bug - Martin
Jemmy Cruisers - Eaves
Hideki - Martin
Rom Scout - Probert
Romabout - Eaves

Alternative suggestions welcome.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm almost certain Sternbach designed the Prometheus.

------------------
"We kid around a lot about people who are cyclopses, but seriously; if you're a mythic figure you've got challenges that no one should have to deal with."
--
John Flansburgh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Oh, and now that I think about it, the Romulan scoutship didn't show up until the third or fourth season. Probert was long gone by then. His designs include the D'deridex and the Ferengi Marauder, though. Not that those are on the list, but...

------------------
--
John Flansburgh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Probert also designed the Ambassador, which didn't show up 'til the third season...

------------------
"Merde!"
-commander of Napoleon's army, upon learning that the Duke of Wellington's forces had received assistance and were requesting his surrender

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I looked it up, the Romulan scout was designed by Sternbach.

------------------
--
John Flansburgh

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps