Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Who designed these? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who designed these?
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't it be likely that Sternbach did the Romulan runabout ("In the Pale Moonlight") as well?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Sol for confirmation of the Prometheus and the info on the RomScout.

I think the Ambassador was based on an early Ent-D design by Probert.

The Romabout isn't necessarily by Sternbach. Eaves was the senior illustrator at DS9. Voyager is Sternbachs department.

Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Voodieh we saw in TNG's "All Good Things" was designed by Rick Sternbach, so it's safe to say that its Negh'Var counterpart shares its roots.

------------------
Phase III: Where No One Has Gone Before...
"A man's reach must exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"
Robert Browning, Andrea del Sarto

IP: Logged
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Voodieh and Negh'var are practically the same class. The Negh'var is a slightly modified version of the Voodieh studio model. This is the same situation as with the Galor and Keldon classes.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps