Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Upcoming shuttle chart (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Upcoming shuttle chart
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm compiling a shuttle comparison chart. Surprisingly, I managed to gather more than 20 schematics from various sources. However, one is still missing: the ST VI shuttle that was later modified to the Jenolan. Any idea where to get one or who could have created one?

BTW, who is it who recently posted the Delta Flyer schematic (I guess it was here, but I'm too lazy to search)? I would like to use it for the chart.

------------------
"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!" (Scotty, TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon")
Ex Astris Scientia

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That'd be me

go here
http://www2.crosswinds.net/~quantumthreshold/junk/

deltatop.jpg

deltaside.jpg

deltaextend.jpg

haven't yet matched up the top view with the side view quite yet

------------------
"If I get lost, I'll just follow the ship infront of us."-Ensign Nog

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good work. May I use them for my shuttle chart?
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by all means (sorta like to get credit though-if possible)

------------------
"If I get lost, I'll just follow the ship infront of us."-Ensign Nog

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

The shuttle chart is up. Sorry, I didn't include the credit anymore (it was past midnight), but I'll do it ASAP.
http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/fleet-charts.htm

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it! But. . . my God! The Galaxy Captain's Yacht?! What on Earth is that? And are you sure about the size of the Type-10, it doesn't look right. And isn't the Peregrine actually the Academy trainer? Either way, there exists a schematic of the other fighter seen in "SofA" which really needs to be included here.

------------------
"Wait a minute - this isn't the Monsterometer, it's the Frog Exaggerator!"

- Professor Frink

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job on the chart. We've never really discussed these vehicles to the extent of starships, and now might actually be the time for that. A few questions:

1) How did you derive the size of the sub-impulse raider? It certainly makes sense, since the craft boarded by Dax and Kira was much smaller than Doug Drexler's 20+ meters. I've been waiting for some screencaps of the actual set to change the figure in my list.

2) According to the TMP blueprints, the Vulcan shuttle is 49.7m long. Just a semantic - these figures likely originate from A. Probert himself, furthermore supported by the fact that 49.7 meters converts to exactly 163 feet.

3) Rick Sternbach is thinking of scaling the Delta Flyer up to 75-80 feet, nothing definite but worth discussion. Here's the reasoning:

"The problem is fitting a cabin cruiser interior to a rowboat exterior, essentially. The producers wanted a 50' long DF, and I think it has to be more like 75-80' (more like a runabout length), based on the VFX
shots, otherwise pieces of the aft lab module stick out into the cold dark vaccuum of space. In "Timeless," I think the tube with Seven's body
must have been hangin' outside (not that she'd notice).

Rick"

4) How did you determine the size of the Type-10? I would certainly love it if it were 6m long - do you know which interior set was reused for the shuttle?

Boris

------------------
"Wrong again. Although we want to be scientifically accurate, we've found that selection of [Photon Energy Plasma Scientifically Inaccurate as a major Star Trek format error] usually indicates a preoccupation with science and gadgetry over people and story."

---a Writers' Test from the Original Series Writer's Guide

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been talking with many people about the Delta Flyer recently, and the only way it fits is if it's around 23 metres in length.

But then the cockpit set doesn't match the external view. But if it's smaller, so to match the cockpit set, then there's not enough room for the stasis chamber.

According to the DS9 Technical Manual, I believe the type-10 shuttle is around 9.5 metres long (a figure which is probably the only trustworthy one in the book). I'll have to check.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First One: The craft shown is the Attack Fighter from Sacrifice of Angels, etc. The Encyclopedia is wrong in calling it the Academy Trainer (which really looked quite different). And Sternbach said that as far as he's concerned the Attack Fighter is the Peregrine.

See my web site at http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/peregrine.html for pics of all the small fighters/maquis craft. (I wonder how often have I had to post that URI?)

Bernd could add the real Academy Trainer to the chart, and Ro's small Maquis Raider.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, this is the one I mean:

- This should definitely be on the list, IMO. And. . . steve.pugh.net? 8)

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That one is on the chart. It's the same as the one in the top right labeled Peregrine. So what's your point?

And, yeah steve.pugh.net, cheaper and less work than registering my own domain name.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem with having the Type-10 at 9.5m is that it wont fit through the bay opening if the Defiant is only 120m long. They didn't show much of the Type-10 interior but it did look tight.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't the Attack Fighter about 30m long??

------------------
"Okay! No more mister knive guy!"

- Jim West, Wild Wild West

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The smaller attack-fighter/Peregrine is ~25m, I think.

------------------
Consolidated Artichoke

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it!

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps