Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Upcoming shuttle chart (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Upcoming shuttle chart
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
edited to remove double post
------------------
"Victory is Life!"

[This message has been edited by Galen (edited August 29, 1999).]

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galen: You mean the Academy trainer? I'm interested to see it. You have a size estimation too?

I don't have the Bajoran ship, but I'm sure it will be in the Fact Files.

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not have any more info on the Academy trainer than anyone else. I simply extrapolated from the known photo to make a top and side view. I admit I am no starship artist and I make better top views than sides. Perhaps someone with more talent can improve on the pictures that I made, especially the side view.
http://members.aol.com/andyg1701/academy-trainer-side2.gif
http://members.aol.com/andyg1701/academy-trainer-top.gif

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Galen
Member # 72

another edited post
------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The schematic is really fine, and it seems to suit the reference photo. Provided I can conceive a reasonable length, may I use it for the next edition of the shuttle chart?
Galen
Member # 72

Go ahead and use it. After all I have enough of your pictures on my hard drive.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

I think the Academy trainer craft has to be very small, because there is not much inside. Speaking from how crammed the impulse reactor and other components (sensor, computer) are in a type-15 shuttle, there is no reason to waste much room in the trainer craft, as opposed to the ancient technology in the Bajoran sub-impulse raider. It might have a more powerful impulse engine though, since it is supoosed to do complicated maneuvers with higher acceleration than a shuttle. It is also well-suited for atmospheric flight, as indicated by its shape. I will try to find a similar fighter aircraft and compare it to the trainer craft.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps