Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Encyclopedia 3 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Encyclopedia 3
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw version 3 of the Encyclopedia today. Would have picked it up too, if it weren't for the $60 price tag. Not much as far as starships go in the supplement section. We see the dedication plagues for the Valiant, the Prometheus and the Cousteau. There is an entry for the Nautilus (and I would assume the ShirKahr as well). The entry for the T'Kumbra doesn't give a registry. The only artwork for the entries on the Dauntless and the Prometheus are pictures of the MSDs. The picture from the DS9TM is used for the entry on the Centaur. The comparison chart is put in the supplement section but remains unchanged. The Dominion battlecruiser is still upside down. There is a side-view picture of the Dominion battleship, called simply the warship. Also color topviews of Son'a ships. All in all I like the supplement section but is it worth 60.00?

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cousteau?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ent(-E) Captain's Yacht
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the name of the D's, wasn't it? *scratches head*

Where'd this name come from, anyway?

And why does a fancy runabout have a dedication plaque?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first Captain's Yacht was unofficially called "Calypso," for the research ship commanded by Jacques Cousteau. Going by tradition, however, it should have been called the Captain's Gig.

Cousteau, of course, is obviously for that famed oceanographer.

How it rated its own dedication plaque? Beats the heck outta me.

------------------
"We shall not yield to you, nor to any man." -- Freak, The Mighty.

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited September 29, 1999).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Well, I could've guessed it was named after Jacques Cousteau, but I was wondering where the non-canon name came from. What's the authority on it...?

Guess I wasn't all that clear.

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well its dedication plaque only has the name and a quote, nothing else.

------------------
"The keyboard, how quaint."
Federation Starship Datalink - Yet another site based on the popularity of starships.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost like the SS Raven. BTW, what does the Encyclopedia say about the Raven???

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah, finally a Senior Member. I always wondered how long that would take

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It says the Raven is a Starfleet ship, and the NAR registry was sort of a mistake.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I firmly believe that the entire Star Trek universe exists only to make sure we continue to appreciate Star Wars and Babylon 5." - Andy Ihnatko

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Raven's registry was a mistake? My @ss!!! It was NAR in "Raven" and even when the ship was sketched out in "Dark Frontier" it said NAR in the storyboards. Anyone scan the MSD of the Prometheus or of the Dauntless yet? I'd like to have it.

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The NAR registry: whose mistake, TPTB's or Starfleet's?

------------------
Get your free signature at Ex Astris Scientia

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The art department. See, there's the problem; artists are in charge of technical details. The world needs fewer artists.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I firmly believe that the entire Star Trek universe exists only to make sure we continue to appreciate Star Wars and Babylon 5." - Andy Ihnatko

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Sounds to me like it was a general mistake. They didn't know they wanted it to be a Starfleet ship back then.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, good logic, Frank.

"Darned flat tires. Hey, I know what I'll do! I'll just drive without them. Yeah, that's the ticket."

------------------
I do indeed and shall continue
Dispatch the shiftless man to points beyond
--
Soul Coughing

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps