Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Encyclopedia 3 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Encyclopedia 3
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elim: That's what the encyclopedia says.

Sol: On the car of life, artists are the stereo system and rear spoiler. Neither of which are much use if the engine doesn't work.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I firmly believe that the entire Star Trek universe exists only to make sure we continue to appreciate Star Wars and Babylon 5." - Andy Ihnatko

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound like a car commercial.

------------------
I do indeed and shall continue
Dispatch the shiftless man to points beyond
--
Soul Coughing

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that's right. Come on down to Gerratana Auto, we got all the best deals. 8)
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Twenty per cent discount if you can pronounce and/or spell our name."

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whadda ya mean it's still got upside-down ships, negligible new pics etcetera?!

Goddawn uselss...(lapses into frantic Donald Duck tantrum)!!!

------------------
"FOOLS! Will I have to kill them ALL?!?!"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always believed the ship wasn't supposed to be Starfleet until they decided otherwise for Dark Frontier. It would have made more sense, since I would expect a Starfleet crew on a Starfleet ship. In addition, there was no necessity to make it a USS.

Anyway, if we may blame the artists...

------------------
Get your free signature at Ex Astris Scientia

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found the EncycIII today, haven't acquired it yet, though. I never bought the EncycII so it wouldn't be a loss to me, except that there are other books I'd like to see first.

I'm dissapointed in you, I really am...Seriously. Nobody even mentioned the fact that it was Doug Drexler who designed the Chaffee. Which makes it all the more likely that the shuttle is a tad over seven meters long, as shown in the Defiant blueprints.

BTW, our Dick Tracy makeup artist who became a scenic artist is now working as a CGI artist for no other than Foundation Imaging. Mike Okuda mentioned that yesterday in the chat, and it was to be expected after he did some prelim-shapes of the Breen ship for CGI folks to build on. I seriously feel the need to contact this guy...

Boris

------------------
"Wrong again. Although we want to be scientifically accurate, we've found that selection of [Photon Energy Plasma Scientifically Inaccurate as a major Star Trek format error] usually indicates a preoccupation with science and gadgetry over people and story."

---a Writers' Test from the Original Series Writer's Guide

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone scan in the dedication plaques for the USS Prometheus, the Cousteau, the USS Defiant NCC-75xxx, or the USS Sao Paulo? I was wondering if someone did already.

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what new registry/class information was included in the new Encyclopedia other than the stuff about the Raven, etc.
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any body got scan pics of ships from ENCYC3
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are only 2 dedication plaques in the new section. USS Prometheus and Cousteau are the only plaques, and the Cousteau plaque only says:

*enter modern Starfleet logo here*
COUSTEAU

U.S.S ENTERPRISE * NCC-1701-E
JEAN-LUC PICARD, CAPTAIN

"The future is in the hands of those who explore...and from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love" - Capt. Jacques-Yves Cousteau

As for new ship pics, there are none. Just Nebulas, Mirandas, and Excelsiors.

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited October 02, 1999).]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot. There is the Dominion Dreadnaught (warship as they call it), color pics of the Son'a Science, Command (Scout), and Cruisers, yet no fighters. Also, a picture of a Defiant class ship labeled as USS Valiant, the new Romulan Shuttle, the Type-10 Shuttle, and a Caatati ship (which I don't remember).

I also forgot there is the plaque for the USS Valiant

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Caatati ships were in Voyager's "Day of Honour" (*ducks from Krenim wrath at the mention of that episode*). They used thorium isotopes to power their ships' systems, and Seven provided them with a converter so that they could get their crippled fleet up and running... Right?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... I can't get the new Encyclopedia yet... damn US release schedules.
However what I *DO* have is a load of official exterior schematics, including the Prometheus and the Dauntless. As soon as I get my new PC working I will scan them. (Damn Windows '98. I only had it 2 days and already it is so screwed up! Note to Bill Gates: "From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.")

I'm thinking of putting them on a website. I'll keep you all posted, but copies of those MSDs would be appreciated!

------------------
WARNING: Storing semtex in the microwave
may be hazardous to your health!

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Official MSD's??
Put 'em on Flare please!

btw: I love your signature

------------------
Presenting the NX-59650. It can slice! It can dice! It can seperate into THREE parts!!
Now available with THREE FULL warpcores!
But wait! Buy now, and get a free number upgrade to NX-74913!

To order, call: 0800-PROMETHEUS

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps