Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Random Thoughts (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Random Thoughts
Davok
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Davok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that if they DO still construct Excelsiors and Ambassadors, they only use old spaceframes and fill them with the latest equipment.

------------------
"Take it from me: it's a lot more fun asking questions than answering them." (Garak)

USS Allegiance NCC-74813
http://davok.cjb.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I choose (F), none of the above. I choose a holoship with external hologenerators to make it appear as any ship I want it to be.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm a man of few words."
Hobbes: "Maybe if you read more, you'd have a larger vocabulary."
Federation Starship Datalink - Now with a pop-up on every page...damn you Tripod!

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited November 17, 1999).]

Saboc
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A holoship? Hmmm...yeah but I don't know if Starfleet will send you to combat situations with a holoship.
what do ya think?

------------------
-Surak: "Nothing unreal exists"
-Spock: "Logic is the beginning of wisdom..."

[This message has been edited by Saboc (edited November 16, 1999).]

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at the original list* Wouldn't choice 'D' be the fifteen-year-old Nebbie? I think you mean "F: None of the above"... :-)

------------------
"Alright, so it's impossible. How long will it take?"
-Commander Adams, Forbidden Planet

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd pick the Galaxy. Can I choose my own crew?

BTW, I'd be highly surprised if they still build Excelsiors from scratch.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corrected.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm a man of few words."
Hobbes: "Maybe if you read more, you'd have a larger vocabulary."
Federation Starship Datalink - Now with a pop-up on every page...damn you Tripod!

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes: "I choose a holoship with external hologenerators to make it appear as any ship I want it to be."

So you choose the Defiant?

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Striker
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I highly doubt that they will be making any new ships from scratch other than the following: Galaxy, Soverign, Defiant, Nebula, Akira, Norway, Saber, Steamrunner and the Intrepid. There are probably some classes that I'm missing, but I highly doubt that they are making Excelsior and Ambassadors anymore

------------------
-Striker
kob.diabloii.net

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see why not...otherwise there's a large size gap.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Stuff" - Nobody

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how much taxes I would have to pay for a Galaxy? Probably wouldn't get to keep it anyway, all those government dudes would kill me in the blink of an eye. Probably for the best though, I wonder how a Tri-cobalt device would affect Saddam's private palace?

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A tri-cobalt device would probably be enough to take out Iraq completely. Slight overkill

I personally don't think they make brand new Ambassadors, Excelsiors, or Mirandas anymore.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dax: Yeah right.

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, a tri-cobalt device just appears to be a relatively standard nuclear explosive, perhaps geared towards demolition.

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, exactly. Why does everyone have this funny notion that a tri-cobalt is a super explosive?

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the original UP said it was, IIRC.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Stuff" - Nobody

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps