Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Galaxy-class Deck 2 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Galaxy-class Deck 2
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's on Deck 2 of the Galaxy-class? Aside from Observation Lounge (OL) that is. On the sides of the OL are two large rooms with nothing much in them. In front of the OL are a bunch of rooms, but what are they? There also seems to be steps that go down to Deck 3.

Incase you're wondering what I'm talking about, look on page 33 of issue #10 of The Magazine.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm killing time while I wait for life to shower me with meaning and happiness"
Hobbes: "I hope you're comfy."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah crap. I have the E-D blueprints, but a friend's borrowing them right now..

------------------
"You insulted Shakespeare? I'm telling."
-Miss Bate

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish i had more Star Trek material to buy in my country...

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes, I'll check my blueprints tonight and let you know what they say Monday. Of course, I think they say that the Observation Lounge is on Deck 1...

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh.. the Observation Lounge is on Deck 1. There is a sub-level Deck 1 on the TNG Blueprints of the Enterprise-D which contains the bridge module ejection systems. Deck 2 has officer's quarters and environmental systems. LaForge, Data, and Worf have their quarters on that deck near the escape pods.

Did anyone who owns the TNG Blueprints noticed in the large cutaway of the E-D that the shuttles in Main Shuttlebay are the same type as the shuttles onboard Voyager? The Type-8 shuttles.

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno about that. Looked like the usual Magellan type-6 to me, with some cute little shuttlepods scattered around.

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about later episodes but here they were just repeating season 2 - and I think it was "Where Silence has lease"? You can see an upward shot in Data's quarters and you can see the two oval windows in his ceiling... although there is a diffused white light coming through them... I guess its an option like Troi shutting the 'blind' in "The Child".

Andrew

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Type-8 shuttle I tell you!!! Can anyone scan in the shuttle from the cutaway of the blueprints and scan in the Type-8 for comparison?

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking at mine, and they're definately not Type-8. They're just plain old Type-6.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Agrees*

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

IP: Logged
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto

------------------
Navigator-"Heading, Sir?"
Kirk-"Out there...somewhere...out thatta-way."--Star Trek: TMP

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could start a new thread but this is sort of related:
Has anyone ever noticed that there appears to be one too many rows of windows between the dorsal phaser array and the saucer rim?

I'll explain -

1)We know that deck 4 is the one just above the phaser strip because that's where the main shuttlebay is.

2)We also know that the row of windows on the bottom half of the saucer rim is where deck 10 is (because of ten forward).

3)Now, between the phaser array and deck 10 we should have 5 rows of windows (for decks 5,6,7,8,and 9) but instead we have 6 rows (making sure to include the row on the top half of the saucer rim).

So what do you guys think? Any solutions welcome.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judging by the interiors, I'd say that deck 9 has both side and ceiling windows. The outmost rim of saucertop windows would mean really low-hanging ceilings for some of the cabins, so the interior of deck 8 is drawn with a smaller radius than the exterior hull would warrant; thus, the ceiling windows don't always even fall on cabins, but on wasted space outward from the outermost cabins!

I think this would best be explained by saying that the windows serve as skylights for the outermost deck 9 rooms (which IIRC are mostly various lounges and the sort anyway). These rooms would be quite high then, but I don't see this as a major problem as long as we can get Ten-Forward properly on deck 10!

Then again, it is possible that the blueprints have it all wrong and Ten-Forward is actually behind the UPPER row of rim windows. The window tilt isn't so easy to see on the model, and some of the upper-rim windows could actually be canted inward like the Ten-Forward windows are...

Timo Saloniemi

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might also check the Fact Files for deck 2. They are mainly based on the blueprints, but maybe there is some additional information.

------------------
"A few more calculations"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, remember that while the blueprints will repay hours of loving and drooling adoration, they are imperfect.

can you say "Arboretum"?

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps