Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sector 001-Incident (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sector 001-Incident
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Making-of-First Contact-Book by Lou Anders Alex Yeager from ILM says that every ship in the battle scene got a name and a registry. Is this true, and if "yes": Got every ship in the DS9-battle scenes a name too?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of the ships on DS9 got names. The ships in the opening scenes of Sacrifice of Angels did. The Curry and the Frederickson for example.

If you're refering to the large all out battle scenes, there is evidense that some of the most prominent ships did (the Setak and the Majestic) but given that there are countless little floaters way in the background of most of those scenes, it's highly doubtful that every ship created was given a name or registry.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... and if so, WHO HAS THE LISTS???

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I want to know!

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not so sure we'd want to discover them, lest we be forced to accept such dubiously christened vessels as the USS Fat Bastard and USS Jenny, I love you, will you marry me? into the official canon. Not to mention the USS Steve Made This.

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was supposedly a ship labeled the "Alka-celsior" in the Wolf 359 wreckage.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This spontaneous stuff takes a little bit of planning." - John Flansburgh

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should we even accept the USS Alka-celsior? We don't because we all know that was an inside joke and the lables were not meant to be seen on screen. Even if we didn't know it was a joke, it wouldn't be accepted either because it just sounds too crazy. We just can't accept everything they put on screen as cannon because most of the time they're inside jokes. So of course, if there were names for all these ships and some were USS This Took To Long To Create or USS I'm A Wussy Ship And That's Why I'm Not Up In The Front, those shouldn't be accepted as cannon. They just sound too crazy to even sound real.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it wasn't "USS Alka-celsior," it was just "Alka-celsior."

Of course, there's no shortage of obvious nonsense on Trek, like that tachyon planet core...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This spontaneous stuff takes a little bit of planning." - John Flansburgh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there once a USS Luke Skywalker on an Okudagram? Or maybe it was just USS Skywalker? Actually, I think there were some other joke ones at that same time...

------------------
"To make the merry-go-round go faster, so that everyone needs to hang on tighter, just to keep from being thrown to the wolves."
-They Might Be Giants, "They Might Be Giants"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

Today I saw "What you leave behind". There were some close-up shots of Galaxy-, Excelsior-, Nebula- and Miranda-Ships. I think that at least these ships get a name, but I couldn't see something clearly. Has anyone seen more?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited March 18, 2000).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guys over at ILM and Okuda appear to be known for its practical jokes. Such as "Medical Insurance Remaining" or "Menu: Antimatter Flambe or Tribbles a la Triskettes" etc. I wouldn't be surprised that they had a background ship with the name "USS Monica Lewinsky".

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the USS Pastuer being built at the Skywalker Ranch

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "WYLB" is the name of the Galaxy-class ship that was standing still, firing phasers, known?

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me that Galaxy is unlabled and so has no name.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a name and registry on that Galaxy Class in WYLB on the nacelle pylon. It either started with a "T" or a "C" and it looked like NX-xxxxx. I'm not actually sure though.

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Vanderbilt, Vanderbuilt Class starship

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps