Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Unknown Starships (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Unknown Starships
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does DEV mean anyway?

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can I get the Companion?

Has anyone information for the following ships?
The Nebula and Defiants from MiaB, the Nebula from "Non Sequitur", the Constellation from Picard's Ready Room with the 7xxx-Number.

Has anyone pictures of dedication plaques?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited March 20, 2000).]

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You ARE kidding about the WEB Dubois thing, right targetemployee?

------------------
Dane

"Mathematicians have long held that a million monkeys banging on a million keyboards would eventually reproduce the collected wisdom of the human race. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true." -- Robert Silensky

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to make out in this image, but it's fourth from the bottom, if you have this episode ("Whispers" (DS9)) on tape:
http://frankg.dgne.com/sff/whispers.jpg

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"So, anyways, this is the 24th century. Starfleet officers have injections once a month or so so that they don't go getting each other pregnant. How would it be a problem for my character and Joral to be rocking the casbah?" - Fabrux

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Nebula is NCC-70915. And the Constellation was NCC-7100.

------------------
"Tigers are mean! Tigers are fierce! Tigers have teeth and claws that pierce!"
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server, sucks don't it?

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, are these ships CANON or no?

And maybe HMS is actually part of the name. Like, SS HMS Lord Nelson?

And, as for the "Whispers" list, can anyone can some of the captains listed there? I would like those for my list

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, anything that is in an episode or film is canonical. This list of ships from "Up the Long Ladder" is canonical.
I like that Mr. Okuda named a ship after a great civil rights leader-WEB DuBois. He is a person I admire very much.
And adding to the list of unknown starships is the Oberth Class USS Valiant NCC-20000 from Star Trek: Generations. I saw a model of this ship in a documentary filmed at ILM many years ago. Yet another unknown starship is the USS Cochrane from "The Drumhead".
------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

[This message has been edited by targetemployee (edited March 20, 2000).]

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's with the Miranda from Generations? The last number of the Farragut is a 7, not a 1, isn't it?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited March 20, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Farragut is 60597.

------------------
"Yes. I have seventeen brains! And eleven legs. And a pecan."
-Frank Gerratana, March 3, 2000

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something about the WEB DuBois... Making "WEB" the prefix is, at the least, rather silly. Perhaps we can assume that the ship is actually named the W.E.B. DuBois, and there is some other prefix before it (USS, SS, whatever). However, some fool who keeps docking records at DS9 asked "What ship is this?" and the reply was "The W.E.B. DuBois." and the officer thought that "W.E.B." was some prefix he had never heard of.

------------------
"To make the merry-go-round go faster, so that everyone needs to hang on tighter, just to keep from being thrown to the wolves."
-They Might Be Giants, "They Might Be Giants"

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fitz: For dedication plaques and other pics, go here: http://mercury.spaceports.com/~tustc/

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

Thanx pIn'a' Sov. No Ship-Yard on the E-B-plaque? Is it the San Francisco FY or the Antares FY? What's the Yard of the Prometheus? Aren't there plaques of the Pasteur, Phoenix, Yamato, Tsiolkovsky, Stargazer, Hathaway and the Equinox?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited March 21, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the age of DVDs and high resolution televisions and other digital whatnots, I'm not so sure we can say that everything onscreen is canon...I mean, we have to leave some room for injokes and the like, don't we?

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said something very similar to that effect in another thread.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

Shadow, I can't see anything on this PADD. Do I have so bad eyes?

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps