Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sovereign Torpedo Launcher and Captain's Yacht (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sovereign Torpedo Launcher and Captain's Yacht
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've wondered about that two. In the DS9:TM *shudders*, it says that the materials to make Quantum Torpedoes are really rare, so they are only delivered to ships on the front line of the Dominion War like DS9 and the Defiant.

------------------
"Why can't we be friends?'--Smash Mouth

The web page is not completed yet, but come by and check it out. :)
Quantum Threshold

Avalon Sector

Cartman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Altair, what I mean is I wonder if all of the Enterprise-E's Torpedo tubes can fire both Photon and Quantum Torpedo's. Like can the Enterprise fire Quantum Torpedo's from it's aft tubes, or can they only fire Quantums from the forword Tube that we saw fire Quantums in FC

------------------
Respect My Authoritha!

[This message has been edited by Cartman (edited June 24, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Picard said "load quantum torpedo's".

Those photon torpedo'd could also have come from the tubes below the deflector, IF they even came from the Ent-E.

I guess we will never know for sure... I hope the next movie will clear things up.

------------------
"Do you want to be President?"
"Yes."
"Put you hand on the book and say 'I do'."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

- G'kar and Sheridan, Babylon 5.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I've said on RAST, a magrail is a magrail. Probes, photorps, TCDs, quantorps...they're all fired from the same damn launcher. The only reason the idea of the separate launcher assembly persists is because of the initial FC concept of Picard popping open the one they considered & firing them that way. Then they realized that it was STUPID.

Think about it: you've got a brand-new warhead assembly. It's small enough to utilize a casing size comparable to the existing inventory & thus utilize that launch hardware. Do you A) design a brand-new launching system that can only be incorporated into newbuild vessels & retrofitted into some older ships or B) design the casing to fit the current standardized launch assemblies?

Y'don't have to be a member of the Appropriations Board t'figure THAT one out.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

[This message has been edited by Shik (edited June 25, 2000).]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps