Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Older Okuda Interview (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Older Okuda Interview
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could have been just a general silouette for a Starfleet ship, rather than referring to it's actual class.

Personally, I don't believe that there are any other refit-constitutions out there. Sure, we can see bucket loads of Ambassador's, original constitutions, Excelsior's, and Galaxy's, but we're only allowed to see ONE refit-constitution? Yeesh.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Experimental Refit?

------------------
Yep

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
it was a textlist

I have the following ships:

USS Ahwahnee NCC-2048
USS Constellation NCC-1974
USS Eagle NCC-956
USS Emden NCC-1856
USS Endeavour NCC-1895
USS Helin NCC-1692
USS John Muir NCC-1732
USS Kongo NCC-1710
USS Korolev NCC-2014
USS Lantree NCC-1837
USS Oberth NCC-602
USS Potemkin NCC-1711 or 1675 (I prefer the first one)
USS Republic NCC-1371
USS Scovil NCC-1598
USS Springfield NCC-1963
USS Whorfin NCC-1024

Did I forget a ship?

quote:
but we're only allowed to see ONE refit-constitution

Three, the E-Nil, the E-A and the Connie in BoBW.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited November 05, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited November 05, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: Wasn't there a second Constitution-II in the Spacedock in one of the movies?

------------------
"Yeah...apparently Sizer is very hard to say, so they replace it with 'Is Mr. Caeser home?'
Sometimes I'll say that no, he has, in fact, passed away.
'My apologies.'
'Oh, that's ok, I'm over it. Brutus is still a wreck though.'
Then I hang up."
-Simon Sizer on telemarketers, 1-Nov-2000

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the revised version of the STNG Companion, it states in the Nakes Now episode that the Tsvolsky did have a dedication plaque but it was sent to the home city where Tscolsky was born.

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the ship chart I was referring too was the one on the Enterprise-A's bridge, which could be seen throughout Star Trek VI, yet not close enough to be readable by my recollection. It had ship name, then registry number, then class. The class part would be the important one...

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...Tsvolsky....Tscolsky..."

Well, out of a possible 11 correct letters for each try, you scored a 7 and 6 respectively.

However, the 'c' in the second attempt warrants a -1, and the 'ol' between the 'v' and 'sky' in the first one nabs you a -2. Without being so mean as to take away marks for length, you scored a 10 out of 22.

That's an F.

------------------
Equality, Cooperation & Benevolence.

Vote Communist Party of America 2000.

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE359
After reading your last reply, I feel the frustration that I often have when this topic arises.
Yes
1. the chart is on the bridge.
2. the chart has the following information-ship names, classes, and registries.
3. the chart is readable enough that the above information can be gained.
No
1. No difference.
2. the chart has the ship names and registries.
3. the chart is not readable.

Which is it?
And further, where is this chart located on the bridge? In operations, perhaps? I remember this question being asked before with no answer. I have seen the movie many times and have never been able to see the chart.
If the chart is unreadable, then how can you or anyone know what is on the chart?

In my opinion, present or ask someone to present the information with evidence. Then let everyone decide.

I return to a question. Why doesn't Mr. Okuda present these ships in the encyclopedia?

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

[This message has been edited by targetemployee (edited November 07, 2000).]

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If the chart is unreadable, then how can you or anyone know what is on the chart?

Maybe Bjo Timble, writer of the ST Concordance, had access to the list.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited November 07, 2000).]

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FITZ
I think the same thing. Bjo Trimble did have access to the first series sets.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish someone would print a complete book of Okudagrams

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The okudagram on the bridge of the Enterprise-A is repeated at nearly every station around the circumference of the bridge. I believe it can be most clearly seen whenever we get close up shots of Uhura, it's usually over her shoulder. I know it's a ship chart because we are close enough to tell that it is set up similar to the TNG ship list, and even the fact that the list says USS before every name can be made out. The only ship I can pretty much confirm as being on the list is USS Constellation NX-1974, Constellation class, because 1) This is the only registry number that is shortened by being NX instead of NCC) and 2) the class name is extremly long. As for the rest, I dunno, I could get out my ST6 widescreen and look for all the shots of this list, see what I can get.

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited November 07, 2000).]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps