Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line calendar--revisited? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line calendar--revisited?
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this was mentioned or not (if so, just ignore this thread), but the Ships of the Line calendar finally made it to stores in my town. And while most of the artwork is very nice, the picture of the Nebula class is confusing. The caption lists it as the Farragut, but the registry on the ship is NCC-70915. The trailing edge of the sensor platform appears to say USS Bogue, but the name on the saucer looks like USS Honshu. Sounds like we have a schizophrenic starship.

------------------
"Ah, the Luftwaffe. The Washington Generals of the History Channel."
-Homer Simpson

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't you know, that was made by Borg Incorporated.

------------------

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, just Dominion war neccessity. They salvaged most of the Farragut, but needed the sensor platform from the Bogue and some exterior plating from the dorsal side of the forward section of the Honshu

------------------
"Ah, the Luftwaffe. The Washington Generals of the History Channel."
-Homer Simpson

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was already mentioned by me when I first brought up the calendar topic several months back.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May as well bring up the GCS on the over, then. It's the Enterprise, but with the USS Challenger's saucer section. A test article, obviously.

Mark

------------------

"Why build one when you can build two, at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, I also brought that up in the original topic. I listed all the mistakes and descriptions for the pics in the calendar.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ran across your forum concerning the calendar, and thought I would clear up a few mysteries.

First of all, thanks for buying the calendar in the first place and we're honored that you like it enough (at least we think you liked it) to give it it's own thread.

The mysterious "Bodune" is actually the "Bonchune," named after Rob Bonchune, my co-author and creator of the CG Nebula-class ship model. The mix of names and registries was accidental at first, but after we caught it we decided to leave it in and see if anyone else noticed. Boy, did they notice! Although I admit I like the idea that the ship was pieced together out spare parts as a result of the delapitated state the fleet was in after W359.

The number of the Exclesior-class ship in the UP shot is 42111.

As far as some of the pictures looking too CG, all I can say is we hope you think the 2002 Calendar is an improvement. We think it is. Expect the new calendar to be more artistic, however, with more 'wow that's pretty' shots than ships-against-space images.

The 'Unseen Frontier' book is being put off until next year (for the 2002 holiday season), mainly so we can put the extra time into it that it needs. It will NOT be a re-hash of old images, but a full size, hard cover book of images similar to what you see in the calendars.

However, there WILL be a book we are contributing ship images to in the meantime, although I can't tell you much more than that just yet. Suffice it to say that I know folks in this forum will like it a whole bunch!

Regards,
Mojo
Creator/co-author
"Ships of the Line" series

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, you created the Calender?

And how in God's name could the word "Bonchune" fit on there?

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Thanks for posting that, Mojo!

I'm an owner of the 2001 calendar... And I'm certainy looking forward to the 2002 edition. Care to give us a hint of what to expect? If you want a two-word term to describe what most fans would love to have in the next calendar, I believe "fleet battles" covers it nicely.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

[This message has been edited by Mark Nguyen (edited March 09, 2001).]

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen this. Is it a licensed product? (not that I care). Does it deal with cg scenes? Mojo, could you please access the Technophyle site?

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the name Bonchune on the CGI-model, that appeared in the episode, or did you add the name later for the calendar?

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm. . . hello?! Bullshit detector off the scale? Are you lot complete mugs or what? Even if my suspicions about the sudden influx of new members who can't spell, punctuate OR grammaticise are nothing but paranoia, isn't this just a bit TOO pat?

I mean, first some legendary FASA-type guy suddenly appears, now we've allegedly got someone who creates offical Paramount merchandise. What next? A guy who works on FX for Paramount, who says he named the Sentinel after Adam Heinbuch's design?

So, before you all drop to your knees and start giving adoring blowjobs to these individuals, how about we see some credentials?

------------------
Ross: This is not good for my rage. *takes another pill*

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember its USS Bodue... still doesn't make sense though.

------------------
"Yar, a lesbian? That girl had a sex drive! First, Data in Naked Now, then, in
Hide and Q, she hits on Picard! "Oh, if only you weren't the captain..." God! If
Denise Crosby hadn't left the series, she'd've slept with the entire senior staff by
now!" Jeff Kardde - March 7, 2001

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. There's a chap that works for a company that did a lot of CGI work for Voyager that actually went by the name Mojo, and not just as an internet handle.

ILM? Digital Muse? It was covered in the 'Star Trek Monthly' issue that had Odo on the cover - NOT Issue 11, but 17 or 18 (before the 10th Anniversary issue for TNG). Anyone go do a quick check?

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delapitate? What does that mean? You didn't mean decapitate, did you? 'Cause the c is very far away...

------------------
You can't kill me, I'm charming!

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps