Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line calendar--revisited? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line calendar--revisited?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it should be "dilapidated", which means "run-down", "falling apart"... things to that effect.

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, do I know what happens next. This guy never posts again, and I get flamed by irate fanboys for "driving him off."

Well, given my new expertise in search engines, I did a few tests, and it's likely he could have found this thread there - type "Ships of the Line calendar" into Google and it comes up fourth.

(Interesting story, by the way. My company is paying to have its name boosted in search engine rankings. This has turned up some interesting results,like an old, old thread here where I complained about working there. Thankfully CC agreed to delete it! But best of all: without paying a cent - well, penny - my own website comes top of the Google search when you type in "Phasers" and I never even submitted it there! I brought THAT up at a meeting where they reviewed the results, it was worth it just so see their reactions. They've paid �7000 so far. . .)

------------------
Ross: This is not good for my rage. *takes another pill*

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Even if my suspicions about the sudden influx of new members who can't spell, punctuate OR grammaticise are nothing but paranoia..."

What's paranoia shared by two persons called?

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon Poet -- why do you think that Mojo is a fake? The makers of these things visit message boards quite often. We've had Margaret Clark and Marco Palmieri (both editors at Pocket Books) post at the TrekBBS from time to time. Is it so hard to believe that big-shots would occasionally visit the world of mere mortals?

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A maker of a Calendar would hardly qualify as a 'Big Shot'. I'm with VP on this one, but I'll allow himself to opportunity to present his case.

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh... you DO know who "Mojo" is, right? He's one of the primary FX guys at Foundation Imaging. You know, the company that does all of the CGI shots for "Voyager"?

And anyway, "big shots" was just an expression for those who are involved in the show, rather than us fans.

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UM: "Mass Paranoia"? :-)
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, maybe there would be more credibility if "Mojo" provided us some info that perhaps didn't come from the back of the calendar that anybody could use and claim responsibility.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'm sure the world is just full of those sorts of people. I masqueraded as the leader of a tiny South American country for several weeks once after I read his name off the back of a box of cereal. It's easier than you'd think, really.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen, for six months I had you all convinced I was Australian just by putting the occasional "Fair dinkum" or "G'day" in what I was typing. Just because this guy SAYS he's this Mojo character, doesn't mean he is. And NO-ONE 'famous' ever shows up here. We managed one chat with Robert Hewitt Wolfe, and that was 3 years ago. We're too eccentric, too out there, all the other BBs think we're weird. If you want to go hang out with minor Paramount functionaries who will only ever say "oh, we're planning big things, big, big things. Can't tell you about them, though - keep watching!" then go to the bloody TrekBBS or TrekWeb or WebTrek or TreWebek or wherever.

------------------
Ross: This is not good for my rage. *takes another pill*

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fascinating direction this thread is taking....

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean, no-one famous?
We have a message from Austin Powers in this very thread!

------------------
To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will true nature be seen.
The Amtal Rule (Dune)
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Conneryspeak* Suck it, TreWebek...

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minutae: that's kind of what I said...

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prakesh, thanx for calling me famous! ;-)

And behold, yes, it's actually me, Austin Powers himself, as in Dr. Evil...

No but seriously, I wouldn't mind either if Mojo posted again, even if it's just to tell us off for not believing him.
On the other hand, what's the big deal anyway? I say let's concentrate on the "real" topics of our threads.

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps