Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TOS USS Antares WIP (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TOS USS Antares WIP
Lord Schtupp
Member # 980

- posted      Profile for Lord Schtupp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much Reverend and to all for the positive feedback. I found the detail dwgs extremly helpful Rev, esp the side view minus warp engine. Thanks a million Rev!

My intention is to adhere as closly as possible to Reverends plans for the uss antares, however I also want to build several derivetives of the basic design, such as a destroyer, light shuttle carrier, etc. that will let the basic design get more gameplay as Star Fleet Command allows many different ship classes. Feedback in the SFC forums has been extremly positive because Reverend's design has a "real TOS" look to her, unlike scads of other TOS designs that I have seen which most are basically Connie kitbashes.

Some of the design critique stated here has been echoed at the SFC forums, but as a fast and armed multipurpose supply/exploration/patrol ship, I find the design hard to beat.

Any suggestions and critiques regarding design will be taken into account for the Antares derived designs and will be much appreciated. Im glad i decided to post here, Gilso told me about flare last year and I found that you ppl like to discuss ship design and other "minutea" which is exactly what I had been wanting to participate in all along.

I will post some progress pics this weekend, concentrating on finishing the impulse engines and much of the texture work.

Thanks once again everybody!

Lord Schtupp

Lord Schtupp
Member # 980

- posted      Profile for Lord Schtupp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Just felt I should point out that Bjo Trimble didn't do the drawing from the Concordance. It was submitted by a fan artist, Brian Pimenta.

BTW, I really like this design a lot. (The fact that I think the "real" Antares was NCC-501 and looked like the Xhosa notwithstanding... [Razz] )

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Thanks Mim I will make proper credit in the readme file with the finished model.

I recall that the original concordance drawing was NCC-717.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Schtupp:
I recall that the original concordance drawing was NCC-717.

Yes, indeed.
Cassio
Member # 795

- posted      Profile for Cassio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great modelling my friend !
If possible, I would like to have a copy of the high-res model when finished.

Best Regards,

--------------------
Brasil Starships
http://members.fortunecity.com/wendhausen

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed.

-

Jas =)

--------------------
http://stmultiverse.homestead.com

Cassio
Member # 795

- posted      Profile for Cassio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord Schtupp

News ? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Brasil Starships
http://members.fortunecity.com/wendhausen

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps