Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Antares Redux: I & II (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Antares Redux: I & II
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you added just a few degrees of anhedral (or is it dihedral?) to the nacelle supports, you'd clear the impulse thrusters rearward as well as the bussards forward. Or else put the impulse thrusters at the very end of the secondary hull (the shuttle bay's below, right?)

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dihedral. Think of the F-4 Phantom II. The wintips are di, the tailerons are an.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have I mentioned that I love this ship? Cause I love this ship. This is probably the best fan design I've seen.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, me to.

Incidentally I think the third version down on your prposals for a refit side view on the ASDB site is the best.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you added just a few degrees of anhedral (or is it dihedral?) to the nacelle supports, you'd clear the impulse thrusters rearward as well as the bussards forward. Or else put the impulse thrusters at the very end of the secondary hull (the shuttle bay's below, right?)
Ok I'll spoil the surprise and show you what I had planned for the Redux.
Antares: Aft

I didn't want to angle the pylons partly because it's a little too much of a departure from the original sketch that I'd care to make, partly because the flat one-piece pylon is one of my favourite aspects of this design and finally and I think most importantly I didn't want to draw any further design comparisons with NX-01.

quote:
Have I mentioned that I love this ship? Cause I love this ship. This is probably the best fan design I've seen.
Same here, although there are days when I wish it wouldn't be so stubborn and finish itself. [Wink]
I only wish it was really my design at all.

quote:
Incidentally I think the third version down on your prposals for a refit side view on the ASDB site is the best.
I've given up taking advice on that side view, I gotten such a hugely variety of preference but little justification.
I have a few fresh ideas concerning this and I should have it cracked when I come to do the plans proper.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At last! A sideview that I'm actually happy with!

Still a WIP, but only a few structural features left to do.

-

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yummy!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice, Kris!

Jas

--------------------
http://stmultiverse.homestead.com

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in love.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

It'll probably be a while before I get back to doing the side view now that it's "frozen" so I'll leave a challenge for those artists who enjoy drawing up bridge plans.
Antares-II Bridge Module

See if you can design a bridge that can fit inside that.

Also a brief update on the Antares Redux; I've started work on the ventral view (something of a first for me), the nacelles still need to be sorted out properly but almost everything else is more or less done.

Antares Ventral

--------------------

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. What can I still say? That's perfect.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

darkhawk1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unbelievable! Great job!

I love how you used gradients to give it a pseudo-3D effect (has someone else said that? if so, didn't intend to plagerize).

I thought I had to do starships in 3D to get them to look halfway descent. You have restored my faith in 2D and inspired me to perfect my design ability in vector applications.

BRAVO!

IP: Logged
Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly Awesome work Reverend. [Big Grin]

I believe that I am speechless...

Aldiwahn Teerodi
Member # 931

- posted      Profile for Aldiwahn Teerodi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really great job, i love that design [Smile]

one nitpick: airlocks on shuttles are male and on ships they are female. your bridge airlock is male [Wink]

--------------------
using freeware/shareware 3d applications? then have a look at sf-3d. :)

artist for space regents online strategy game

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps