Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Class III Neutron Fuel Carrier (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Class III Neutron Fuel Carrier
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Bright One is sweet!!

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo pretty.

Looking at the guy's home page - http://www.dragonyard.co.uk/scifimodelling/2500fleet/fleet.htm

He's done a Winged Defender. [Smile]

And just 'cos I can...

The first Fed design, that he can't recall the name of, is the Durrett class cruiser (and he's missed off the torp launcher).

The one he calls a Gallant Wing is actually a Wing of Vengance. (Damn, had to look that one up, to start I though it was a Comet of Destruction).

The Nelson looks more like a Hermes to me (the difference is in the nacelle supports).

The Swiftwind was the D-16.

Stongtongoe is funny misspelling of Stingtongue, which was the D-2 in FASA's system, but a new ship not an old one.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, the Comet of Destruction looks like a pregnant Winged Defender.

Does anyone out there have the original minis? Or know where I could find them? I want to set about adding them to my 1/1400 fleet... [Frown]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's always some on sale on eBay. But they're not cheap.

And I nearly forgot - there's a guy who makes resin recasts of many of the FASA minis plus other Trek ships (not all to scale).
http://www.geocities.com/l4leather/Intro.htm

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Romulan designs are cool! But that Chandley class is horrible, even as a model.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:::sighs::: I <3 the Chandley. Always have.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Identity Crisis:
Oooo pretty.

Looking at the guy's home page - http://www.dragonyard.co.uk/scifimodelling/2500fleet/fleet.htm

He's done a Winged Defender. [Smile]

And just 'cos I can...

The first Fed design, that he can't recall the name of, is the Durrett class cruiser (and he's missed off the torp launcher).

The one he calls a Gallant Wing is actually a Wing of Vengance. (Damn, had to look that one up, to start I though it was a Comet of Destruction).

The Nelson looks more like a Hermes to me (the difference is in the nacelle supports).

The Swiftwind was the D-16.

Stongtongoe is funny misspelling of Stingtongue, which was the D-2 in FASA's system, but a new ship not an old one.

Yeah, Paul made a few errors. I know he's had them pointed out to him, tho am not sure why he's not corrected them. It's a pet peeve of mine, tho, so I'm a bit obsessive about such things. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Nah, the Comet of Destruction looks like a pregnant Winged Defender.

Does anyone out there have the original minis? Or know where I could find them? I want to set about adding them to my 1/1400 fleet... [Frown]

--Jonah

I've got some, but am sorry to say that I've only got one of each and am not interested in selling them. Ebay's likely your only hope for the originals, tho you could obviously got the resin recast route.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:

You lay your boobs on the Chandley?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://forums.scifi-meshes.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9601

Look what I found! The modeler says the designer is some guy named "Unknown"

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I never. This is what happens when scabby little fan sites go around nicking other people's work without giving due credit, other artists find it and don't know where it comes from and are so denied the propper resources to further the design into another medium.

Masao, if you (or anyone else) has an account there could you point the man in the right direction, before he gets too far along? Since it looks like he's working from out-of-date schematics and I have a thing or two that might be of use.

That aside it looks like he's done an admirable job. Well done that man!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'll take care of it.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Darkwing
Member # 834

- posted      Profile for Darkwing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:

I always liked it, but there's not enough room for everything FASA claimed was in that hull. The wings should be mounted on a Miranda-style extended hull with the underslung photorps of the Thruxton from Starfleet prototype. That ought to make enough room for all the marines and shuttles and so forth.

Then the FASA version can be reused as a variant destroyer type...

--------------------
Darkwing
If you don't drink the kool-aid, you're a *baaad* person - Rev Jim Jones
It is useless for sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while wolves remain of a different opinion - William Ralph Inge
Almond kool-aid, anyone? - DW
[email protected]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps