Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » My Challenger Class kitbash (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My Challenger Class kitbash
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Yes, see my first post. The Challenger is wonderful!!

Ha! A mix up here: The ship I meant was the damaged USS Challenger (Galaxy Class) not the Challenger class ship. [Wink]
So, if Who's on first and What's on second... [Razz]

I have Eric's website bookmarked (for whan I finally build my Springfield class.
His work is ezcellent, but it has'nt been updated in a while and he's gone AWOL from these shores...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again - yeah - first post!! [Smile] I meant the USS Challenger Galaxy Class... what are you on? [Wink]

What did you think of my photoshop pic? It's now (accidently) my windows background! [Smile]

It has to be viewed - full size! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clicking that there "Add Reply" button once is all that's needed [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Thanks - I accidently hit the "" instead of the edit button. And when I thought I was in edit accidently hit the edit button twice! [Smile]

Andrew

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the comments!

There was nothing yesterday and then I come by to check out the forum and BANG! 12 posts!

The Armstrong will eventually be damaged and made into Buran. (I placed the temp markings on it and just had to take pics [Smile] )

The Firebrand was battle damaged already.

I've got most of the components now to do the Elkins. Just a matter of starting it I guess. I've got a Springfield Class about 60% built. I did a New Orleans actually...I built it as my first Wolf 359 ship, but all I had for reference at the time was the small b&w photo from the 1st Encyclopedia, so mine didn't have a third torp launcher and I retained the neck from the Galaxy Class. The model has been broken apart again so I'll be making a corrected version sometime.

Very cool Photoshopped pic! I did a few of my own, you've probably seen them on the site. I did them for the Al-Batani, the Hathaway, the Challenger and a few I can't recall at the moment.

The USS Challenger is intended to be mounted beneath a scratchbuilt McKinley Station. I have the model of the drydock underway, but I lack a few resources to finish it at the moment, so it's on hold.

I have the parts set aside to do a 1/72 Aerowing with the Runabout model as a starting point. It'll have a pretty impressive wingspan!

Has anyone compared my Challenger Class to the slideshow photo? Does anyone disagree with my interpretation of parts, windows, lifeboats, etc.?

Keep the comments coming! [Smile]

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks fine from the slide show model. I'm wondering though, are you going to add shuttles and runabouts to the NCC-71099 model since Federation Models offer them now along with the Galaxy Class shuttlebay interior?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHA thats how i said it should look Looks like im right hehe

Ok im done now

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
What did you think of my photoshop pic? It's now (accidently) my windows background! [Smile]

It has to be viewed - full size! [Smile] [/QB]

I'm still deciding if the Al Batani is firing of taking a extremely well placed shot from some off-screen agressor! [Big Grin]

....and I still say the Medusa is upside down! [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
It looks fine from the slide show model. I'm wondering though, are you going to add shuttles and runabouts to the NCC-71099 model since Federation Models offer them now along with the Galaxy Class shuttlebay interior?

I typically don't purchase online, not that I have any money right now. It'd be to late for the main shuttlebay, but small shuttles would look rather neat with the model. I'd prefer to make them myself than buy them. The only scaled little shuttle I've done is the Saratoga escape pod.

--------------------
Stephen L.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought the shuttles, runabouts, Delta Flyer, and aeroshuttle online for my Voyager and Enterprise-D models along with the main shuttlebay interior since I'm paying someone to build it for me. They are bloody small though... looks hard to paint.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Painting the shuttles is'nt too bad: you just need to apply the colors with a fine brush or a technical pen (for the windows).
A friend of mine is thinking about making his shuttlebay roof removable to showcase the part: right now only about 2." can be seen and it's kinda a waste of a bueatiful part.
mabye you could light the shuttlebay from the inside.....I'll leave that to Soundeffect! [Wink]

Besides, I already built my Galaxy with open shuttlebay...and in tiny 2500th no less! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

The phaser fire is aimed at either something off screen, or missing the Medusa!! [Big Grin]

Take your pick! [Smile]

How do I make it look more like it's coming FROM the Al Batani?? a bit of a white core near the turret??

Also, I don't get this with the Firebrand. You BOUGHT the model damaged? Or YOU damaged it?

If you damaged it - are you saying you damaged it before you assembled it or AFTER you assembled it?

If it was intact and built before damage was applied - did you take some pictures??

Andrew

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

The Firebrand is not a model you can buy. I assembled it as a kitbash from parts from various models. I did build it nice and clean and applied the markings but that was about a year before I owned a camera, so no in progress pics were ever made. The damage was roughed out with a carving bit on a Dremel tool, and then I airbrushed Flat Black, Dark Gray, and drybrushed Steel in the Dremeled areas to simulate the damage. I didn't damage it as much as the graveyard scene depicts...I still wanted to see there was a saucer!

--------------------
Stephen L.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps