Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » My Challenger Class kitbash (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My Challenger Class kitbash
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What in the nine hells were they thinking when they designed the Freedom class!?! [Confused]
I'm building one right noow, but I can't leave it the say the studio model depicts: it's senseless.
I'm swapping the insanely oversized torpedo launcher for a deflector dish and adding a torp launcher to the saucer's ventral side.
Any other improvements you'd reccomend before te final paintjob is done?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Any other improvements you'd reccomend before te final paintjob is done?

Maybe adding an impulse engine. I retained the saucer units for mine, but whatever they used for the Freedom and Niagara saucers, there were no impulse engines mounted on the saucers. There may or may not be an impulse engine on the Niagara, but it's pretty evident the Freedom Class miniature didn't have one.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will on mine: I used your ship as reference and decieded that the side Impulse engines look way better than one single block at the saucer's rear. [Wink]

Look kids! New pictures!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1227830&uid=657989&members=1

I have posted my new Nebulas (USS Beowulf and USS Neptune), my Chyenne class refit (USS Proxima, named for the lost Nebula class) and best of all:
My "Medusa" class USS Enkidu.
I used the CGI pics by The Red Admiral (look up that old thread!) as reference for this ship and tried to take pics that match his CGI shots. [Big Grin]
Opinions?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They look good enough to blow up... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

er...thanks...I think.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps