Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just checked and you're right, the 8472 logo is basically a purple version of the Tholian one.

As others have pointed out 8472 don't appear to have a verbal or written language, hell they don't even have a name for themselves! So I'd be inclined to ignore the Starship Spotter and keep the logo for the Tholians.
At least until ENT provides us with something different.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't anyone else notice from Starship Spotter? I'm not debating whether 8472 has a language or anything. I just know when I saw the Star Charts for the first time, I knew the Tholian symbol was one I had seen somewhere before. The shape is blue but the language marks are identical. I don't know if the Bioships sported this marking or not. I don't remember seeing it...

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um - OK, I've just looked at the Borg logo so far - nice but I thought there was a large 'oval' at the bottom - things look out of proportion.

I haven't gotten to the Breen logo but ABOUT TIME!!

I remember seeing a flash of it on DS9 - so did you take it from this - cause things from the ST:star charts don't count.

Andrew

P.S. Did they ever have a Kazon Logo - cause I noticed it used to be on their bridges. ALthough it could have been a Trabe logo - but if they Kazon hated the Trabe - they would have gotten rid of any Trabe emblems.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK I've just looked at the Doug Drexler Borg symbol - you've got it spot on - don't know what I was thinking. He though has a square yellow and black background (that sorta looks like the insides of a computer junction/panel on TNG/DS9/Voyager!

Andrew

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Ok I've looked at ALL of them. Can I just say this FRELL! They're FRELLING AWESOME!!

What program did you use? How'd you do all the intracacies of the Romulan Logo (I prefer this one to the Nemesis one).

Now for me to blow my own trumpet - I did something like this a (few years ago now I think!!) I never posted it. I wasn't happy with how the Klingon one had the non-smooth edges.

here they are anyway:

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/44/ferengi.jpg

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/44/klingonlogo.jpg

I just looked September/October 1999! [Smile]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reverend,

I actually like the stylistic design of the logo you orginally posted! It's fantastic!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Snay, was that in response to what I said?? Cause I'm saying I love his work too!

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm? No.

I enjoyed his second design of a Federation logo and told him I was going to use it in my Okazaki project (lego mini-fig scale starship). He posted another version of the logo, but I much prefer the first. [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Ahhh yes - the one with the blue background? Me too.

Andrew

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just because Topher likes that kind of thing, here's the pansy version of the Klingon logo.

-

Personally I prefer the TUC black white and red version...infact I like just about all the graphics work done on that movie.

quote:
What program did you use? How'd you do all the intracacies of the Romulan Logo (I prefer this one to the Nemesis one).
Same one that I always use.
I traced the Romulan logo and it was most tedious and took alot of patience.

I have made a start of the Nemesis one but it's proving even more difficult and I'm having trouble getting good reference material.

quote:
I enjoyed his second design of a Federation logo and told him I was going to use it in my Okazaki project (lego mini-fig scale starship). He posted another version of the logo, but I much prefer the first.
I posed the non-stylised version simply because that is the correct one that was seen on screen, plus it would probably come out clearer on those stickers than the version with the high contrast gradient.

--------------------

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Very cool.

I've always wondered if the Ferengi logo is supposed to be a stylized version of their ears. Using a pseudo-sexual organ as an identifier for your species doesn't seem like a great idea... It's be like using a stylized boob to represent humanity...

Anyway... I've always wondered that...

I think Andy Probert designed that Logo, as it was on his early sketches of the Ferengi. I'll try to remember to ask him about it.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This artwork ( a decal or sticker I think) is being auctioned at eBay from Rick Sternbach
 -

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Wasn't the TOS Klingon Symbol Red, Yellow and Green on each of the points? Or was one of them blue?

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some symbols I made in Illustrator some time ago. I have all the ones shown previously, so I've only added a few new ones to the mix of what we've seen here.

Here's the asked about Kazon symbol. It's depicted on their spacecraft:

Kazon Symbol

This is the TOS version of the Klingon emblem:

Klingon Symbol

I made the full Borg emblem as seen in "Q Who" and "BoBW I, II". A black version of just the claw portion is on Lore's Borg vessel.

Borg Symbol

Here's my version of the UFP logo from Starfleet HQ in TMP:

Federation Symbol (TMP)

And lastly, just for fun, here's the Subspace Relay symbol first used for Epsilon IX and later used for the relay graphic showing communication across the Bajoran Wormhole:

Subspace Relay Symbol

If, for some reason, you can't see the pics, you can get them from the first five links here.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

After leafing through the Encyclopaedia I've seen several different versions of the Klingon emblem so I've decided to render them all.

Red and Grey
Yellow and Red
Classic
Blade

That makes a total of SIX different variations!

--------------------

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps