Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Ent: Intrepid conceptual views (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ent: Intrepid conceptual views
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a very hypothetical idea of the U.S.S. Intrepid ship from Enterprise. However. I've done it very lo-res on a raster image editing program. What I'd like is for someone to help me develop a higher-res more accurate version. So, any input on changes would be great. Can someone help me post it on here?

B

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean you have conceptual views of the other parts of the ship that we've never seen like the ventral surface? Or do you think we've never seen the Intrepid before and you have your own idea of what it looks like?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some pretty good screen caps of the ship out now if you're looking to refine your design of the ship. Some of the older threads here should have those caps.

I would love to see someone make a phat mesh of that ship though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, what I mean is I have drawn up a set of 4-view (fore, aft, dorsal, starboard) of isometrics of the Intrepid from Enterprise. I realize they're crude, and would love input on what needs changing, but, as I'm new, don't know how to post the image file on the board.

I was hoping someone like the Reverend or Masao could give it a once-over and produce a much-better incarnation of my image.

By the way, I have not done ventral views, but as a long ventral shot is among the hi-def screen-caps linked to on this board, I have used them to construct the Intrepid, so I don't see why I couldn't also add the ventral view.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
email them to me at [email protected]

I'll post them. [Smile]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Irishman
Member # 1188

Ok, Mighty monkey....you should have the image file by now [Smile]

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, the new Flare Upload doesn't like TIFF files so here it is converted to JPEG. [Wink]

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/646/ENT_intrepid_rough.jpg

That's a nice set of drawings, Irishman!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice Irishman and it seems accurate based on the screen caps I have see.
Irishman
Member # 1188

i love my spaceships!!!! i'm a dork

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job, Irishman!
I retract some of the "newbie cannibal jokes".
I think the rear of the saucer may be a bit off: I'll look into it when I build a physical model of it.
What'd you make that in? If you could just learn Illustrator, you'd be making some really dine schematics then.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going from memory here, so I could be wrong, but wasn't the saucer a little more than a half-circle? In other words, shouldn't the back of the saucer be made of two diagonal lines when seen from the top?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of software did you use for this?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
[QB] Nice job, Irishman!
I retract some of the "newbie cannibal jokes".

Is that anything like gay German cannibal? [Smile]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the same thing about the saucer. I don't think it cuts off along the center of the circle like that. It's either a little more, like the Akyazi, or a little less making it look more like the Nova's saucer.

Fine drawings, though. I'm with Jason. Learn Illustrator. You'll like it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really should be more Akyazi-like. I think that really was the source of inspiration. So we have NX evolves to Akira, Daedalus evolves to Olympic and Intrepid-type evolves to Akyazi.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps