Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Ent: Intrepid conceptual views (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ent: Intrepid conceptual views
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A note about file compression:

Some of us on on dial-up. This graphic really benefits from gif compression as do most line-art graphics without blends or gradients.

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Answers to questions:

1. The software I use is proprietary, not off-the-shelf, not really marketed for what I'm using it for. The name wouldn't help you.

2. As for Dat's idea of a lineage based on the Akyazi. I saw the similarity too, but it seems to end with the simple inspiration of the demi-saucer. After all, the Akyazi is not a canon design, whereas the Daedalus and Akira are.

3. When I made the demi-saucer, the easiest interpretation was the straight cut-off. The screen grabs are not too awfully helpful, as we don't get a top-down wide shot from which to gauge that plane. I don't want to infer forms based on what we'd like to see there, or a bad angle. That's also why the back of the saucer on the aft view, and the connecting dorsal on the side view are devoid of details, because we really don't know what's there.

4. Point taken about the GIF format.

5. I'm working on the ventral view.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Irishman:
1. The software I use is proprietary, not off-the-shelf, not really marketed for what I'm using it for. The name wouldn't help you.

that's the same reason i won't tell them who i work for! too much at stake, eh comrade?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think people (including me) were just suggesting that you would like Illustrator for this kind of work.

I'm almost positive there's a shot from the new Ent ep with the Intrepid that shows a good aft view. I know it was posted here not too long ago.

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Mim should have a new revision of that Intrepid graphic for you tonight perhaps

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/646/ENT_intrepid_revised.gif

Very nice. [Smile]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm... now that's what I'm talkin' about. Very cool. Now... do the flying wing!!

Please.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Irishman
Member # 1188

I imagine the Intrepid to be about 180 meters long, based on the size I used of the saucer. Five 3 meter decks, with one shuttlepod bay about the same as that of the NX-01.

I moved the impulse engines to the edges of the saucer, for two reasons:

1. They couldn't be where I had them before, as there is visual evidence to the contrary,

2. There is a small glow in one of the screen caps I've seen that looks much like impulse exhaust.

Working on the flying wing.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetness! [Cool]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and light!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Captain Bob
Member # 1182

- posted      Profile for Captain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice!

I'll build a 1:2500 Intrepid, one day... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Nessus- "Antimatter can Disintegrate a General Products hull entirely."
Louis- "I did not know that."
Nessus- "It is not widely advertised."

--Ringworld, Larry Niven

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irishman sent me this enlarged version of the ENTrepid top view:

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/646/ENT_intrepid_blowup.gif

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Irishman
Member # 1188

MMoM,

Thanks for that, man. Large file, I know. Should I continue with the other views?

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

By all means. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps