Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Designing the USS Titan? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Designing the USS Titan?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the CGI model was different, and that's what he was talking about.

Geez.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linky linky?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, the Frontier-class, designed by Adam Heinbuch.

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/tacticalheavycruiser_frontr.jpg

There is a CGI version available, but I can't find Adam's site anymore.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ug....it'd be nicer if it was'nt so cobbled together.

Aside from possibly more advanced nacelles, I cant see any advantage of that configuration at all.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm still around... As Lee requested, here is a composite of views of the Frontier mesh that Fabio and I made a couple years back...

Click the below image for a larger version.

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a couple more, a beauty shot and a revised Diagram. Keep in mind that these are 2 or 3 years old, and are not as fancy as contemporary works. Also, the diagram isn't 100% accurate to the CGI model... And I included the Development Logo, just for fun. Click on any of the below for larger versions.

Based on the description of what Pocket Books is looking for, I'd say that this design, with a few upgrades, would be an excellent canidate.

-

-

-

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Niiiice CGI and I like what you've done with the "neck" but those Ambassador-hybrid nacelles look clunky on such a modern ship.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The frontier is a good concept, but simply taking a Galaxy saucer and stretching it is bad taste in design.
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rotated.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultra, you may be one of the few humans that would not pass the Turing test. I seem to remember a time when you posted more than just random oneliners.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Member # 239

The saucer was rotated, not stretched, is all.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

Our very own Soundeffect made that one:
http://members.fortunecity.com/msfm/stephen_l/ussmariner.htm

I like it, but for the Titan, I've angle the nacelles in a "V" like the Soverign.

I've always really liked Soundeffect's Mariner. It is the MISSING LINK between the Galaxy and the Intrepid!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Vorlon, that was the one I was thinking of! Beautiful ship!

B.J.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, great design. With a bit of tweaking it might actually be a winner in a possible contest for the Titan.
I know it would be the design of choice for me - that is if I had any say in this... ;-)

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a very good rendition of this (or a very similar) design on scifi-meshes.com... I can't find it right now, but it shared the "rotated saucer" motif with Sovereign details possibly added in. There was this GREAT picture to the ship in spacedock, and another of her fleeing a Borg cube...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps