Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » CXXII Olympic Games (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: CXXII Olympic Games
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just doodling here at work.

-

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niiiice.

What do the extra rings stand for? There are only 5 now, right? And they all mean something, I think.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rings signify the 5 (yes, five) continents participating in the Olympics. The Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceana. And every country's flag has at least one of the Olympics ring colors in it.

As for the two additional ones in the picture, I would assume they mean Luna and the large space stations? Or maybe Luna and Antarctica? In any case, it would be interesting having the Olympics on the Moon. Probably have to have a whole new set of rules!

B.J.

Gav
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh, Luna and the Mars Colony? Just a thought...
IP: Logged
Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luna (Grey) and either Antarctica or mabye the Underwater Continent (Sky Blue). I am unsure if there are multiple Underwater continents or not - I would probably need to watch "Family" again to really know. I think the displays in that episode indicated several borders under water, if that�s the case, its easier to just call it Antarctica. I�m sure the many species that call Earth home enjoy the Antarctic climate.

I wonder what kinds of new events there could be in the 24th century. Intresting stuff indeed.

I dont belive Mars would be included. Luna is included because it is Earth's moon. There is probably an interstellar version of the games by 2380 where worlds compete, not countries/provinces.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then wouldn't it be better to have the rings (whatever number) to represent the founding worlds of the Federation at the least. Maybe they should be Earth, Vulcan, Andor, Tellar, and whatever the fifth world is just so we can keep it at five rings.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I question the viability of multispecies sporting events.
Wes
Member # 212

Ditto, Im pretty sure the Olympic games in the Star Trek universe was kept an Earth-only (and its moon) event. With a seprate type of interstellar games held for multiple species.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So blue could be the submarine cities/'continents', and grey could be Luna (and other Earth colonies?).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about light blue being all space-station/starship type arrangements... I.e. those who were born and/or live their lives mostly in space - maybe like Space Dock?

Very nice. You could always change light blue to Orange/ochre for Mars though.

I'm guessing one of the sports would be Parisees Squares.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zero-gee football!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thinking - too bad about Athlete's who grew up on the Moon and then have to go and compete on Earth. Presumably most places have 1G grav plates on most places on the moon.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the future, will the Gymnastics judges still fuck South Korea out of a gold medal?

Just, you know, wondering.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that, in the Trek universe, Korea was reunited around the same time as Ireland.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye the world government made Korea unite with Ireland.
Just to see what the combined accent would sound like after a few generations, of course. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps