Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » CXXII Olympic Games (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: CXXII Olympic Games
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmmmmmm.... fried dog and Guinness
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mabye the world government made Korea unite with Ireland.
Just to see what the combined accent would sound like after a few generations, of course.

Harry Kim?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, my spin on things:

-

I think the orange/ochre of the 6th ring represents Mars - better than the light blue which could be anything. [Smile]

And 2156 - 200th Anniversary of the 1956 Melbourne Olympics. [Smile]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bright glowy part towards the bottom of Australlia represents the area that's still lethally irradiated after WWIII.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And New Zealand has evidently pulled another Atlantis.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Zealand isn't close enough to Australia to be on that view is it?

BTW, at least one of the colours in the five rings appears on every national flag in the world.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure? I thought Isreal's flag was only white and light blue, lighter than the blue ring.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

Well, that's what I heard. I think blue just counts as blue, rather than going for exact shades.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it would be hard to come up with a flag that didn't have one of those colors. A white, purple, and orange flag? I should hope not.

[ August 22, 2004, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: TSN ]

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My only crit is that the rings on the current Olympic flag are linked.

http://www.olympic.org/uk/index_uk.asp

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Zealand is too far east to show up in that image, the south insaldn at about the level of the glowing blob that is Tasmania.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like at some point some devious terrorists attempted to bring Australia down by crashing Tasmania into it.

(OH SNAP!)

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Olympic.org scares me. Any reference to an "Olympic Movement" just begs for a foray into toilet humor.

(BLOOSH!!! (the sound of shattering porcelain))

It's a 10!!!

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well it was quick and rough and I'm not an expert with vectors.

New Zealand is another COUNTRY - Before Federation in 1901 there was talk of New Zealand becoming and Australian state but it never happened.

The bright bit just happened - due to the filter - but seeing as it's in the position of MELBOURNE - and the Olympics are being held there (in 2156) [Smile] Then I sorta works. [Smile]

The Rings I stole directly from Wes's pic. I just changed the light blue to ochre orange. This was to depict Mars, with the Grey being Luna.

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what, i just realized my rings dont interlock. Man i was lazy. Im gonna fix that when i get home.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps