Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Miscellaneous Stuff (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Stuff
Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MarianLH:
quote:
Originally posted by Marauth:
[SNIPPAGE] IMO.

That's the one thing missing from your previous posts that made them so annoying. You need to do more of this. A lot more. Stating an opinion as if it were an incontrovertable fact tends to annoy people who disagree--as you may have noticed. [Smile] And personally, I think a polite difference of opinion is much more fun than a flame war.

Marian

What if I just put that in my sig (that all posts are my opinion and no one elses)? I'm gonna do that anyway even though I consider it common sense when reading the posts of other not to assume they're speaking for everyone, I guess I'm just an over-opinionated arsehole. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Please please please don't go down this path here. Any discussions regarding religion or religious figures is limited to the Flameboard.

Is that board policy? If so, I would object to it. Surely if the discussion is in relation to Star Trek then it would belong in whatever forum most closely relates to the area of Star trek being discussed. And if it were in relation to a story or piece of art someone created, then it would belong in DAC.

Now, clearly, this particular tangent is not specifically in relation to this topic, so it is true that it doesn't really belong here. But I am simply responding to your blanket statement. [Wink]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shall specify, then:

Any religious discussion that devolves into incendiary levels is restricted to/shall be cast to the Flameboard.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which this one hasn't, so...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just advised so that it wouldn't.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. But if old-skool Omega walked in and started to say that obviously humankind will embrace God fully and everyone will go to church on a daily basis in one hundred years time, things would get a bit out of hand.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, they won't?

*dumps stock and bonds in the Catholic Church*

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
What, they won't?

*dumps stock and bonds in the Catholic Church*

Good man, though I don't think they're worth much after all those kiddie-fidler priest allegations [Roll Eyes] dumbarse papacy protecting their priesthood. Oh and the American bishops saying W. Bush is a good christian - that offends me and I haven't been catholic since I was 12, oh well such is the way of the world.

Has anyone else realised how off-topic this has become? I mean Constitution variants and space hippies people - come on! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't aware any RC bishops were calling Bush a "good Christian". I've only heard that they say everyonw should vote for him for the sole reason that, politically, he adheres to the same stance as they do on abortion.
Marauth
Member # 1320

I must get different news stories, I listen to a lot of radio 2 in the afternoons on the way back from uni.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps