Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Species Images... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Species Images...
Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People have often asked me to make handle pictures for them to use in RP chat rooms, so I pondered I'd toss a few up- As a copyright notice, I did not photograph any of the human models/actors/actresses that were transformed.
 -
An Andorian fellow
 -
Romulan/Klingon Hybrid
 -
Bolian female
 -
Cardassian/Bajoran Hybrid

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice work!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how that Romulan/Klingon hybrid got so pronounced Romulan ridges? The hybrid shown on TNG looked Klingon except for pointed ears...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.craigdannenberg.com/bajor/b.jpg Image is of Ba'el with her mother.

Klingons seem to have very diverse ridges as it is- they seem almost like fingerprints, but a child's do seem similar to the parents. It did seem like Ba'el (the hybrid girl) had a dorsal ridge (what ran from the nose straight up) that was half that of what her mother's in both how wide it was, and how much it protruded. So I'd say the Romulan DNA lessened what she probably would have had if her father was another Klingon (if the father had similar ridges). Romulans tend to have diagonal "V" shaped ridges above and between her eyes- Her mother however had horizontal ridges in this area, but Ba'el had a huge V, which I feel she got from her father, and the her mother's Klingon DNA made it more pronounced. It�s all a genetic dice roll, especially with hybrids. Ba�el does have a lot more texture to her ridges than what I chose to give to my hybrid, but B�Elanna Torres turned out very smooth- If I were forced to guess her ancestry, I�d guess 1/4th Klingon rather than �.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting to see a Human thrown into that Romulan/Klingon mix - then maybe a Cardassian and a Ferengi! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what Colour whould an Andorian crossed with a member of the species from "The Apple" be!?! Purple? [Smile]

Were these pics done digitally or using hand drawing? Very well done!

--------------------

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are excellent!

Especially cool is the Bolian one with the rectangle composition, my arts teacher would jump high...

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

Shakaar
Member # 1782

Some species will not be compatable- I really don't see how any species is compatable... I mean- any earth mammal should be genetically more similar to us than any other Humanoid alien. But scientists and doctors have tinkered over the years to make things possible. In Enterprise they said it would be impossible to have A Human/Vulcan hybrid, but then later Phlox made it possible, or will make it possible.

I've really only made images of hybrids that I know are possible... that, and a Cardassian/Ferengi would be scary!

Shakaar
Member # 1782

(I used Photoshop to do them all)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Heheheh Captain Boday crossed with a Sheliak! [Smile]

--------------------

Shakaar
Member # 1782

I'm not sure I've seen a Sheliak in good light- they seemed to hide themselves... -I would hope that the transparent skull gene would be recessive. I think what would be worst would be a Ferengi/Galamite� A four hemisphere brain that you could see! Here are a few more of the images I've made:
 -
Vulcan Female (I know the name isn't that Vulcan, but that's what they wanted.
 -
Cardassian/Bajoran female.
 -
Romulan male- I was pondersome about the Roman attire, but he was from a well-to-do house� and they seemed ok together.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That last one seems a bit Romeulan, with that wreath on his head.

Excellent photoshoping.

The whole inter-species breeding would never work- consider that Cardassians are cold-blooded, while Bajorans are warm-blooded, yet, they can (somehow) procreate?

I could see Vulcans and Romulans breeding (as they should still be virtually identical) but that's about it.

It'd be funny to see a humanoid preggers with a Tholian crossbreed- talk about passing a stone!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer Garner looks very good as a Vulcan. On the other hand, I'm not so sure about a Romulan Joaquin Phoenix.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Shakaar
Member # 1782

Yeah... that would be... bad. Tholians require very different living conditions, much hotter than a Human could stand... so hopefully they aren't in the same place long enough to ever have a writer try to breed the two! I feel that they really should have limited the interspecies breeding to species with similar characteristics at least. Like two species with blood based off of different elements shouldn�t be able to breed.

I�ve read that Cardassians are only quazi-cold blooded- they do like things warmer than Humans, but are not completely cold blooded, and among Cardassians, there are two races, those with the pigment-free gray skin, and those that are tan skin (mostly TNG) and the tans tend to be more warm blooded. Xindi Reptilians are truly cold-blooded though- since they require warming light beds.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When considering interspecies breeding, always remember Scorpius.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps