Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Species Images... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Species Images...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...and then the crazy bitch threw the iron: right at my face!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sareth
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Sareth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I've made some pics myself, for our RolePlayingGame, Priority Romulan:

A Half-Romulan and her son:
 -

A Romulan Family -including some 'real' romulan Characters - I know-

-

A Reman-Romulan Hybrid and a Romulan-Betazoid Hybrid:

-

--------------------
Sareth

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the offspring would be 1/2 Romulan 1/4 Reman 1/4 Betazoid... I wonder how all the different 'psyonic powers' would interplay.

I wonder if there is a limit as to how many species can interbreed... Denobulan, Human, Vulcan, Cardassian, Bajoran, Deltan raised by a Tellurian and a Talarian. God-parents are Telerian and Tamarian. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sareth
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Sareth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink] well, really strong telepath, I think. But it never went that far with the two chars...

Here's another one: romulan Senator's wife with her child [Smile]

-

--------------------
Sareth

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I'm sure everyone will join me in saluting your artistic skills, I have to say the composition of your images is rather alarming.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
I wonder if there is a limit as to how many species can interbreed... Denobulan, Human, Vulcan, Cardassian, Bajoran, Deltan raised by a Tellurian and a Talarian. God-parents are Telerian and Tamarian. [Smile]

If my memory of "Future Tense" is correct, I don't think there is a limit. Phlox was amazed at the DNA hodgepodge that was the dead timepod pilot.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark wants a picture of a Starfleet officer. A CLASSIC QUADRUPED UNICORN, who is a Starfleet officer. 'Cuz dammit, unicorns are people too!

Note that this has nothing to do with a rather interesting race relations conversation I was having with the girl I was dating recently.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sareth
Member # 1947

@ Lee: why alarming? Copyright things? Then I'll delete it... [Eek!]

--------------------
Sareth

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim wants Mark to get his Quadruped Unicorn Starfleet officer, together with its Bynar wife and their son.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Krenim:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

If my memory of "Future Tense" is correct, I don't think there is a limit. Phlox was amazed at the DNA hodgepodge that was the dead timepod pilot.
Did he mention any of the races??

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Nim wants Mark to get his Quadruped Unicorn Starfleet officer, together with its Bynar wife and their son.

Yo bitch y'ass!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sareth
Member # 1947

Sorry, I thought this might be a place for serious discussions about how to make such species "artwork", to display some and enjoy in the work of others.

As I see, I was mistaken.

Admins, You needed a week to check if I'm worthy to have an account to post something - it's really funny regarding these messages. You may delete my account. Thanks

--------------------
Sareth

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like I came late to the party.. anyway, your images look pretty good. One suggestion I would make is to try evening out the colours. There's a bit to much of a variation between the real person's skin colour and the tone of the alien parts. Just using hue/saturation should be enough to fix that up.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sareth:
Sorry, I thought this might be a place for serious discussions about how to make such species "artwork", to display some and enjoy in the work of others.

As I see, I was mistaken.

Admins, You needed a week to check if I'm worthy to have an account to post something - it's really funny regarding these messages. You may delete my account. Thanks

Try not to take it too personally. We're tough on new guys. Even says so in the user agreement.

It is quite a different type of art than we're used to as well. Most of us were drawn together because we liked the tech aspects of Trek, so most of what we see are along the lines of ship designs. Romulan family portraits are a new one on me, probably to most of everyone here.

They are fairly good for what they are, though. Although the half-Reman looks kinda off.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not plagiaristically alarming, just. . . alarming. Romulan family photos? What'll they have next? Romulan Myspace? Actually, "Myspace" is generally their term for other people's territory, boom boom. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps