Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Sovereign-ish plea for help... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sovereign-ish plea for help...
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who has an ounce of drawing ability out there, this is for all of you. I'm working on a ship design. Contemporary era-plus (late 24th C.). I don't want to give specifics until I'm further along, but I need help with the frikkin' nacelles. I want something of the stubby nacelle philosophy of Probert and Sternbach (to reflect technological progress), rather than the long, skinny nacelles of the Excelsior and Sovereign. If you use a Sovvie silhouette to work from, it'll give you enough of a sense of the ship's proportions. Anyone who gives me something I can use will get co-designer credit if they wish, even if I end up modifying the hell out of what is offered.

Thanks in advance, guys.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thanks a heap, guys. [Razz] I'll keep trying on my own, I guess...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be willing to assist in whatever means you require. *bows*

You wish for four views of a nacelle?

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

I wish for something in the stubby TNG/VOY style that might work with a Sovereign.

--Jonah

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here ya go! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Err, if you can sketch something, I can take a crack at it. I guess I'm just not really getting what you're talking about.

-
eh?

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Well, saying I want Galaxy nacelles on a Sovereign hull is a bit simplistic, but start there. Short nd massive, not long and skinny. Tapering toward the front or not at all, not the back. And get away from the Sovereign design cues. Probert and Sternbach have both said they used stubby nacelles to show the technological dvances between the late film era and the TNG era. I want something other than a foreshortened Sovereign nacelle. I just mentioned that class (as you can read in my first post) to give an idea of hull configuration and saucer orientation.

Jason, I like that ship. It isn't remorely what I'm looking for, but I like it... [Wink]

--Jonah

--------------------

bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need to get snippy. Your new message is more clear. You want someone to design more advanced Galaxy-esque, fatty-bomblatty, fore-tapered nacelles for the top-secret hull design you've devised/are devising which has a hull-configuration something similar to the swoopy, forward-canted profile of a Sovereign. Got it.

Meh?
 -

[ April 28, 2006, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: bX ]

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a design someone did that I really like, where the basically took the Galaxy, rotated the saucer 90 degrees, and shortened the neck significantly. There was a lot more to it than that since there were some significant detail changes, but that was the gist of it. I wish I could remember who did it, but I think it was called either Pathfinder or Frontier.

B.J.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh..hehhehheh...hahahahaha....

Oh, AAAAAdaaammm...!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so I just whipped these out here at the lab on a scrap sheet...

Not so great with ramscoops covers, & also I left out a lot of deatils because...well, we're looking for over all design. Personally, I dig the 2 on the right.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*summons The Vorlon*

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

bX
Member # 419

That there, is a really nice ship.

[ April 29, 2006, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: bX ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps