Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Most impressive spaceship (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Most impressive spaceship
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah -- the Gunstar's only slightly further down my list, but still in my top 10.

--Jonah (proud owner of the 1:48 model kit of same)

P.S. Jen's vote is for the Imperial Star Destroyer. Scary, powerful, imposing, cold... Just big enough to make your mind gibber, but not so big your mind can't grasp the sheer enormity of it (like the Super Star Destroyers). She may be joining soon, too. [Smile]

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Yeah -- the Gunstar's only slightly further down my list, but still in my top 10.

--Jonah (proud owner of the 1:48 model kit of same)

P.S. Jen's vote is for the Imperial Star Destroyer. Scary, powerful, imposing, cold... Just big enough to make your mind gibber, but not so big your mind can't grasp the sheer enormity of it (like the Super Star Destroyers). She may be joining soon, too. [Smile]

Ah, a woman after my own heart! You lucky bastard you!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Excelsiors? Disproportionate pigs, is what they are.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FINALLY, the first of the anti-Excelsior crowd heard from. I'm amazed at the dearth of "pregnant guppy" jibes. [Smile]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Ahhh...

[zip]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For most impressive spaceship, I would have to say the Beliskner the first time we see it in "Thor's Chariot"... Planet under attack, Goa'uld everywhere, and then along comes this huge ship that beams everything away....

-

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, the Alien fighter from Independance Day was pretty cool looking as well.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Meh... I liked their troopships much better.

--Jonah

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise Refit [TMP]
Red Dwarf (NOT the crappy CGI'd version) was pretty cool
Deep Space Nine (although not technically a spaceship).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sovereign-Class Enterprise-E. I like the sleek lines and the shape of the nacelles. The Voyager's and the Enterprise-D's nacelles always looked too small to me.

The Surak from Enteprise. In fact, I like all the Vulcan ships with the ring-shaped nacelle.

The TIE Interceptor. Fast and dangerous-looking, unlike the original TIE fighter.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

I should also mention the various Jurai and Galaxy Police ships from Tenchi Muyo.

--Jonah

--------------------

Idontlikeusernames
Member # 1925

- posted      Profile for Idontlikeusernames     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Galaxy class Federation starship is definitely my favorite since IMHO it's got both comfort and style.

--------------------
condemnant quod non intellegunt

Chris_Johnston
Member # 2044

- posted      Profile for Chris_Johnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings, all! First post here!

My personal favorite is the American Airlines Space Freighter Valley Forge from Silent Running.
Greatest FX miniature ever built, IMHO.

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite's run as so ;

The Excelsior class

The Pillar of Autumn from Halo (Interior design is awesome too)

The Sulaco from Aliens

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I recently played a mod for Freespace 2 called Blue Planet which had some real pretty Capital Ships.

GTD Raynor
 -

GTD Titan
 -

GTCv Chimera
 -

GTCv Bellerophon
 -

I like these ships because the possess a balance between a sense beauty and power.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps