Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Most impressive spaceship (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Most impressive spaceship
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the double; edit window closed.

I just watched the ep where our boy Reynolds gets himself a wife. ..... This was on cable??

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it was FOX, so....
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol Yeah but the FCC will generally fine a network for a hell of a lot less than "I swell at the thought of you inside me, and I see that you do too..."
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm, Saffron...
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that was nothing compared to the flashback to when Mal met Kaylee for the first time!
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Two things in relation to Guardian's post: First, have you seen the X-whateverytheycallit, the surface-to-orbit vehicle they want to replace the shuttle fleet? Won't be around for awhile, but definitely not an ugly capsule. [Wink]

They're replacing the shuttle with an enlarged and updated Apollo-style capsule called Orion.

quote:
Also, what difference would a 'vertical' ship actually make? I mean I know TV SF likes to keep everything oriented on the same plane, and I guess near a gravity well that might make sense...maybe...but out in space there'd be no telling the relative attitudes of the ships. A horizontal ship could look like a big vertical slash in the sky, depending on which angle it came at you.
Hence the reference to the TV screen.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Well what happened to that other surface-to-orbit shuttle? The one they show in the opening credits of Star Trek: Enterprise? It was still in the design stages then, but I was rather sure they had a working prototype doing high-atmospheric tests on top of a jet carrier...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, that's it. That's a bit confusing.

I think it was done on the theory that most of the people going to see the movie would either be folk who hadn't seen Firefly and so confusion wasn't an issue or Browncoats, who had seen the series over and over and over and so confusion also wasn't an issue. Latecomers like yourself will just have to deal.

quote:
lol Yeah but the FCC will generally fine a network for a hell of a lot less than "I swell at the thought of you inside me, and I see that you do too..."

But it had some good bible.

quote:
Well what happened to that other surface-to-orbit shuttle? The one they show in the opening credits of Star Trek: Enterprise? It was still in the design stages then, but I was rather sure they had a working prototype doing high-atmospheric tests on top of a jet carrier...

That would be a fictional design, roughly based on the old X-30 and X-33 concepts.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really find Firefly to be that risque?
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

For American cable TV, yes. For my personal taste, no. And after I posted that I saw the scene B.J. mentioned where Mal meets Kaylee; and of course there's the scene in the pilot where Inara is plying her trade. Those are things that would make a movie rated R here...I don't understand how they got on regular cable besides the midnight-to-3am timeslot.

*scratches head* I thought for years now there was an X-something that was going to replace the Shuttle fleet. It's a bit of a mind-strain to find out a solid fact you've known for years is baseless nonsense...

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wait until Saffron's second episode. There's a full nude scene right at the start, I've leave the identity of the offending party for you to find out for yourself.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

^BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

lol. Again - buttcracks on American cable TV are usually blurred out. Of course I suppose they might've done that during broadcast. I wonder how much they paid Morena Baccarin to stand that close to him... [Wink]
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude...are you on fucking crack? Or have you just not watched any television since 1987?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Ehhh, no, but nothing but Conan O'Brien, Jay Leno, SG, and Adult Swim since 2003 or so.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps