Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » More Distant Horizon info (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: More Distant Horizon info
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just goes to show you that playtesting is very important. I found a very large bug last night that would have ruined the experience, but it was easily fixed.

I think that, if all goes well, the demo should be released by week's end.

------------------
"We exist in a boundless time continuum. There is no weekend!"

- Zorak, "Hungry," Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My try. I didn't relize until after I finished it's "Horizon" not "Horizons". It wouldn't be hard to change later.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm killing time while I wait for life to shower me with meaning and happiness"
Hobbes: "I hope you're comfy."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that is a nice logo, Hobbes.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is indeed a great logo...I think we'll need to do the header rotation thing. If you could remove the S and change it to 468x80 pixels (which is a similar proportion to what it is now) that would be wonderful.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited January 12, 2000).]

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

Hobbes:

I've been giving it a lot of thought, and I was wondering if you'd be willing to do the title screen for the final version of the RPG. Here is the title screen for the demo:

Basically, what I would like is for you to do something similar, except in that really nice font you had in the logo (but blue-purple). Either leave out the words "Demo Version" or change it to "Full Version." It has to be a 320X200 pixel 24-bit bitmap.

Can you do it?

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Header rotation Frank? If you like it, I'll open up Photoshop and make appropiate changes.

And I can always try Krenim. Just a note though, that font doesn't do lower-case letters.

Also I apologize if anyone had trouble accessing the image. Tripod is a bitch about that sort of thing now.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm killing time while I wait for life to shower me with meaning and happiness"
Hobbes: "I hope you're comfy."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited January 13, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you don't mind - mine is more like a LOGO rather than a word banner... it could have several versions - just the logo and logo with words...

its coming - It can also have several variations...

------------------
"All the lonely people, where do they all come from" - Eleanor Rigby, The Beatles.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes: Thanks. By header rotation I mean that whenever someone visits the front page, one of the headers will be displayed randomly. It's easiest if they're all the same size.

Andrew: That sounds good...again, these headers will be just for the front page, but a overall logo would have more uses.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Krenim: Just out of curiosity...what are you programming the game in?
As in what program language.

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

I'm not using a programming language. I'm using a program that allows people to create RPGs rather easily.

------------------

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a chance to look around more and I am absolutely drooling over this. I love it. I would love to help in anyway I can. I did notice one thing, in the Astamir section the link to the corvette is broken. Thought you might like to know.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

I fixed the link; thanks. I'm glad to hear that you're interested...there's lots you can do. If you like the Astamir ships, you can design more. Or even work on "detailing" a planet/station/civilization (which could be as simple as designing ships and so on); just be sure to read the intro. (I'll have more written on how to "join" the project in a few days.)

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok i just came up with a very cool idea for The Terminal , Takh is the small terrestial planet near Ruq correct ? well my idea was to make it a very ore rich planet and the terminal is running a huge mining operation off it , the ore is later sold to Astamir Shipyards , heres my design for an orbrital Ore Processing facility I apologize in advance for the over all suckyness of the picture im not really the best computer artist if only i had a working scanner i could show you the kicking drawings i made.
http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2/oreproccesingfacility.jpg

Let me explain a bit more on how these work , there are about 3 or so of these Facilities in Orbit around Takh they are acompanied by 3 Fuel Depots which im currently working on , The design is a take on Ds9's pylons basicly the Stations work as a loading dock the ship comes flies in through the pylons and is locked into position by the magnetic constrictors then the station extends the loading funnel and lines it up with the ships ore tanks after that is done an automated ore transport comes up from the planet and docks with the Station through the docking port inbetween the 2 pylons , then the station begins to transport the ore from the automated ferry to the cargo ship the is then released and contenues on to the orbital Fuel facility there it is refueled and resupplied and sent on its merry way . 2 ships can be loaded at once on each station . Well i hope you all like my first idea i know its not very original but its a start im already working on a new civilization which will be loacted near Zybrogus X .

------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons"

http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2/

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering, if we wanted to join the project, can we create a new civilization or do we "have" to pick a shaded area on the map. The thing is I have a really good idea for a rather small civilization. And it would be good somewhere "north" of Astamir, perhaps near Telbin, or I suppose I could use Brasif if nobody else wants it and I can rename it

Well, in short. What I basically mean is, I need an area which is rather sparse in terms of stars, and several decades from being contacted by any major race. It will need a bunch of room "around" it, although it won't have a large "empire"...it just needs room. (For a reason)

I know I'm not being terribly specific, but thats to avoid spoiling the idea which I have rumbling around my brain.

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

[This message has been edited by Mucus (edited January 13, 2000).]

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

Dhunter: I had envisioned several of the planets/moons in the system to be excellent for mining, actually.

I certainly don't mind other people fleshing out the system a bit, but remember that stuff in the RPG may change circumstances in the region...

Just remember, The Terminal is by and large the biggest structure in the system. The mining stations would pale in comparison. I do really like the design, though. If you're not good with computer drawing, perhaps you could get someone else to do a really nice pic of it. If no one else volunteers, I most certainly will.

By the way, since I'm almost done with my playtesting, I've begun designing the Terminal patrol ships.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Krenim (edited January 13, 2000).]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps