Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starshipdesing (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Starshipdesing
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lobo, may I attempt to create a mesh of http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/perimeter.jpg ? if I finalize/release it, I will give you on-image credit.

yeah thnx wes!

cya
Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm taking my computer to a mini-lan party tonight, some of us graphic buffs will take a look at it. Personally, its one of the best designs Ive seen in a long time.
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool stuff. I too tend to favor the Perimeter ship. A couple of places need refining, but overall, really very good.

A point on the MSD (which I think is fantastic!) is that the horizontal turbo-shafts need to be deck height and no narrower. Think of it, a turbolift must be a little over 8 feet high, so the shafts should be just a touch thicker than that.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
@Siegfried
yes they are normal shuttles.should is replace the
phaser strips with single point emitters?

@Daniel
thx i will fix it!

cya
Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Lobo
Member # 669

hi
so here is it(fixed turboshafts :
http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/u.s.s.-sterling-msd.jpg
I hope it's that waht u mean @daniel.

and the sterling Dedication Plaque:
http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/sterlingplaq.jpg

cya
Lobo

--------------------

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup! You got it! Wow, I wish I could do that. And the dedication plaque looks cool!

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Lobo, your shuttlecraft designs look really good. I was just pointing out that we haven't seen a shuttle equipped with phaser strips. The only shuttles we've seen firing phasers have been the Type 8, Type 6, Voyager Type 9/Class 2 and Sovereign shuttle from Insurrection. All of these shuttles fired from single point emitters.

But, it could be possible to have phaser strips on shuttlecraft. Just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not possible. So, to answer your question, I don't know whether you should or shouldn't. The phasers look good on your shuttles, and to remove them could possibly detract from the overall look. So do what you feel is appropriate to your idea.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Delta Flyer has strips.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Defiant-shuttle Chaffee and the Voyager-shuttle Cochrane have strips too.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm... Okay, nevermind me then.
Lobo
Member # 669

Hi
here is a new/updated sterling msd:

http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/u.s.s.-sterling-msd.jpg

cya
Lobo

--------------------

Lobo
Member # 669

Hi
i have desinged a bridge for the sterling-class starships:

http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/uss-sterling-bridge.jpg

cya
Lobo

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks nice. It looks like it's based off Voyager's bridge, with E-E ops/conn styled stations.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kickin' bridge! What does the quote on the plaque say? I can't read it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lobo
Member # 669

Hi
It says: "There will be an answer, let it be"
or have anyone a better quote?

cya
Lobo

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps