Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » My Starship Design .. a work in progress (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My Starship Design .. a work in progress
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...where have I seen this ship before

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, "Captain is isolated" seems to be the only complaint. There are intercoms to each station. However, I also did this so the captain moves about on the bridge, not just spending all his time sitting in his chair.

I suppose I could try to redesign the bridge a little. But, as you can see on the CGI the bridge is a bigger than most.

I wanted to go for a more larger operations center rather than the standard bridge look.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Hobbes. That is great. Solid-looking. What program was the CG done in? Are you working on an MSD?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My turn.

About a year ago, I drew this as a preliminary concept sketch for Jeff's Tokyo series. It was just a quicky.

A few weeks later, I refined it a bit; it's the one on top. I added integral impulse decks in the rear hull cutouts & outrigger single-tube torpedo pods. I also did a quick sketch of the underside contours of the secondary hull. I also did an "older look" design (the one on bottom) using some of the elements from the refined design & my Odessa-class design.

About a week ago, I did a more fleshed-out ship design--both dorsal & ventral. The secondary hull is round, or at least no less than an 85-degree ellipse in cross-section; It "bleeds" up into the near-top of the arrowhead; see the aft of my Richmond-class design for an idea of it.

I was just bored, yo.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The second level. A bit rough, but otherwise not bad.

You can see how the second tier overlooks the first. I also added a XO and VIP chair next to the CO chair so the captain isn't so isolated anymore.

As far as the captain's office goes, it's based off Sisko's. It serves as both ready room and briefing room in one. Even added a little model of Pioneer off on the side.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!

(For both the ship & bridge) ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like what you've doen witht he bridge. The whole "ops center" idea gives the ship a neat feeling to it. The nacelle pylons attaching to the front of the ship is also something I like alot. I have an unreleased design myself that has the same mounting of the nacelles. The cgi work is good too. Are you planning on making a MSD?

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Hobbes
Member # 138

Not yet. I'm working on the Engineering section.

--------------------

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, cool! An engineering layout would be just as good.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Hobbes
Member # 138

Final sketch of Main Engineering, Tier 1.

Like the Enterprise-D the entrances are at the sides instead of in the center like Voyager. With a large ship directory in the same place as the Ent-D's (centered on the wall below 'USS Pioneer').

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the potties? No, seriously though. Nice stuff, Hobbes.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Hobbes
Member # 138

Tier 2 ... rough, otherwise good.

You can see how parts of it look down to tier 1. Private conference offices at the sides.. for who ever would be working on a project and needs a quieter work area. I also modified the master situation "pool table" on tier 1.

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------

Hobbes
Member # 138

Anyone with MSD making skills, please feel free to do me a huge favor... I have no clue how to do one.

I've tried to make the outline similar to Voyager's with the nacelle deattached from the main hull. Also I left out the weapon's pod. I'm still trying to nail down the shape of it.

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you go man... i really hope you like it... because it took me forever and a day.... and now you are not on AIM. Ass... anyway... here you go

>>> Full Size 1535x343 <<<

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Proteus ]

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update: Added the other impulse engine, the saucer nav deflector, modified the bridge (just a bit) and detailed main engineering.

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Proteus ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps