Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Galactopedia Project (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Galactopedia Project
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive been thinking of that.. right now im a little torn between getting the Galactopedia a dedicated domain name, or using a better free provider.. im just wary of free sites because the costs (popups, bandwidth restrict, etc) are kind of annoying

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update time.

I've been back in school, but I've been trying to upload a page or two a day worth of information to the Galactopedia. It's been awhile since there's been activity at the Galactopedia-Board, our editor/contributor forum, so i encourage any potential contributors to go ahead and get in touch there with anything they feel they could add.

Im going to be PMing some of you about pictures, since i have a lot of pictures that might have come from your sites and i want to make sure everything's kosher there, but my site gets hits and i'm beginning to add a watermark to most all the pictures that i think will circulate, so im trying to find original sources for them, since they came off an old HD transfer and origins are lost in obscurity. Links aplenty for all involved, if thats compensation.

Meanwhile, I have finished completing the correct version of the alpha-bar for browsing it, so it should be possible to browse from a to z, with the exception of a couple sections that might not have made it up. I'm not especially proud of the fact that there s a lot of unformatted text that doesnt fit as entries, and that some pages still retain my old color scheme, but im working.

Pictures are mostly all broken, again waiting for me to buy webspace.

Google crawled my site and ive been receiving lots of hits from people actually searching me out.. reading what people visited my site is a bizarre voyeuristic feeling.. people have typed some bizarre things to find me, including at least one searcher who typed in my full name, and the school i go to to find my site. some other fun search terms: "NCC-1305-E"; "Thadiun Okona"; "lyrics yea brother star trek"; "lyrics mind in jail judge bangs the gavel"

Some people who searched my site that were looking for something else included searches for "vulcan xxx"; "cloaking devices used in world war 2"; and "data on jean pulaski" (BTW i think the last one is a prime example of why Star Trek has ruined the internet for real information)

OK i sign off for now.

[ February 17, 2002, 20:41: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

*judo kick* thread

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a list of all Federation member aliens, weird as they may be.. (ah, the joys of mindless spamming [Smile] )

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
File not found.

[ February 18, 2002, 11:22: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/articles/ufpmembers.html

I suspect.

capped
Member # 709

I have to wonder, what is the source of the names of the ST:IV background species. And does anyone have scans of the TMP trading cards with the background alien bios on them. Im pretty sure they match the starlog scans i have. .. love the UFP page too!

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd has the full page Magazine scans on the TMP aliens and their backgrounds in his gallery.

I don't know where the ST:IV names come from. I suspect some RPG, though. Fact is, these names pop up on various places on the web.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
Member # 709

**grr.. i will forever wonder who devised 'Bzzit Khaht'**

thats my new favorite swear word .. try saying it next time you're mad

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

bumping this one last time, just to let anyone who was involved know that the Galactopedia-Board has a new home on my site's new forum. we kinda lost everything before, but if any of the old participants want to sign up, register and leave a thread here. there are a bunch of other forums too, but i'm eager to have the Galactopedia become a collaboration again.

[ September 17, 2002, 10:08: Message edited by: Capped In Mic ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps