Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » First of the Galactica webisodes has been released (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: First of the Galactica webisodes has been released
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately the Scifi.com site only allows Americans to view the video, so naturally, someone plonked it on Youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0BIxMgbcneA

The last 20 seconds or so are a Season 3 teaser featuring spoilers, so if you don't want to know what happens, look away.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . Oh, fuck it. Someone give us a shout when they're all online and a kind soul's shoved 'em together in a handy torrent.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last one comes out the day before Galactica starts up again on SciFi.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may not even bother at all - the Battlestar Wiki is doing a basic synopsis of each one. . .

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems everyone outside the United States is unable to view them. Giev torrent plx.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Battlestar Galactica, welcome back old friend!
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why the fuck is the Sci-Fi Channel trying to limit access to the US only? The only reason I can think of is the "money-earning" variety, which makes no sense because they're available for free. And if they're concerned about bandwidth, then they should've just but the damn things on YouTube with a copyright notice attached or something. Or ponied up for a decent pipe. Assholes.

Just when I think the network's starting to take a step forward, they take two steps back again.

Anyway, it was lovely to see our friends again, even if only briefly so far!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except lots of networks do that. For a variety of hide-bound potentially self-destructive reasons, sure, but it is hardly a unique sin is my point, and I am sure is all tied up in licensing agreements and on and on. And anyway it is already on YouTube, (which I can't imagine they're crying about, at least unofficially) so what is the big deal?
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, there's word that Scifi are trying to get the youtube video taken down.

Nonetheless, the second webisode has been uploaded as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkki8r-wvdQ

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So who's the guy that's been featured in the two webisodes so far? He looks familiar, but I can't place him. One of Tyrol's deckhands perhaps?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
Actually, there's word that Scifi are trying to get the youtube video taken down.

Nonetheless, the second webisode has been uploaded as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkki8r-wvdQ

Actually there are quite a few copies of the webisodes out, so Sci-Fi will have their slimy tentacles spread thin.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
at least unofficially

Episode two, while it lasts.

(Another reason for content restriction by country: royalty payments. No one is quite sure whether this sort of thing counts, for paycheck purposes, as a regular piece of writing/directing/acting work or not. So, again, not to defend dumb policy, but it is policy made dumb by being outdated, as opposed to freshly minted dumb policy.)

The credits, if you're interested.

((And how awful a neologism is "webisode?"))

Lee
Member # 393

It's even worse than TARDISode. If that's possible.

--------------------

Lurker Emeritus
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for Lurker Emeritus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched the episode two exerpt. Bit predictable, that. I'd think even Colonel Tigh with his sozzled brain would spot the obvious tactical manipulation he's playing into.

- - SPOILER WARNING - - if you haven't watched the video

The Cylon's have left the Temple alone precisely because they expect the Resistance to make use of that fact. At some point in the future, they'll raid it and find the Resistance's stockpile and probably several key members, all nicely packaged together in one location.

Bit obvious, surely. Especially considering that the Cylon's have a proven track record of deviousness and subterfuge.

Oh well. Let's hope the rest of season 3 isn't so obvious as this one small sample [Wink]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well put Lurker. You saw the plan within a plan. But hey it is a webisode after all. Most of the more complex plots will be saved for season 3.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps