Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG "Occupation"/"Precipice" $$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$ BSG "Occupation"/"Precipice" $$
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's at least two.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's true, why would they choose to build a tent-city on a blasted heath when you had nice woods and leafy dales and streams within walking distance? The Cylonms building themselves a nice block of Condos-cum-prisons I can buy (gotta use all that Centurion labour for something), but staying living on a shitty plain because it's right next to the parked ships? Nah.
Maybe, at first, the leadership wanted to keep everyone close to the ships out of some vain hope that if the Cylons did emerge, the Battlestars could hold them off long enough to get the people on the ships, and the ships into orbit and FTL jump away. And then, when everyone "got soft" (Lee's words), most people didn't really feel the need to migrate anywhere -- although you could probably guess a few hardy folks did. Once the Cylons arrived, anyone who had left for the forested areas were probably rounded back up and brought back to the city.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta say (and Lee will probably agree with me on this, being a father as well) that any time they involve kids being in danger in a storyline (Casey and Tyrol's baby), it really puts me *way* outside my comfort zone. So much so that I can't stand to watch. Luckily for me, they got through those parts relatively quickly.

Other than that, I was pretty much on the edge of my seat.

Anyone who's watched "The Great Escape" knew exactly what "stretch their legs" really meant. Of course, anyone else could figure that much out, but they quoted it word for word.

Anybody notice the line about the Centurions not being sentient? Since those and the original versions (who still have their uses, according to the mini) are in subservient roles to the skinjobs, it kinda makes sense, but how did the originals rebel in the first place?

quote:
Like MinutiaeMan, I'm also having some general issues with the internal dynamics of Cylon politics. We go from lambasting Caprica Six for her being part of the first Cylon on Cylon violence to shooting her in the head. Where I'd sort of had the impression that the other skin-jobs (from Bladerunner n'est pas?) looked to her for leadership or wisdom or something.
I don't think they really looked to her for leadership. She was a kind of hero to them originally, since her actions allowed them to attack Caprica in the first place. She then used that hero worship to influence their next actions, which was coming to New Caprica. Since then, I think they've gotten to know "Caprica Six" a lot better and have gotten over their hero worship.

And Casey does look a *lot* older than she should be. She looks at least two or three to me.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Anybody notice the line about the Centurions not being sentient? Since those and the original versions (who still have their uses, according to the mini) are in subservient roles to the skinjobs, it kinda makes sense, but how did the originals rebel in the first place?

I think you missed something, here. The original Cylons weren't "skinjobs" -- remember, it was a complete surprise that "cylons look like us, now."

What Adama tells Lee is that the skinjobs -- who evolved from the original centurions -- have taken steps to insure that the new centurions (the ones we see as foot soldiers) can't develop sentience like the predecessor centurions did.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but the original Cylons are still around, according to Six. Admittedly, she didn't say as much, but to me it was inferred that they are also subservient to the skinjobs, since she said they "still have their uses".

Eh, skip it. It's probably nothing.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I could stand to see an original-series Centurion on the show. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I glad to see Adama still trying to free the colonists. I seriously believed he was going to leave them behind, perhaps to reach Earth from which he could establish a base to build up a force capable of kicking cylon arse. The thing is that now Galactica is going to stay behind while Pegasus and those ships that managed to escape (including the mini-Battlestar) continue on to Earth.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Yes, but the original Cylons are still around, according to Six. Admittedly, she didn't say as much, but to me it was inferred that they are also subservient to the skinjobs, since she said they "still have their uses".

Eh, skip it. It's probably nothing.

I suppose it depends on how you interperate that statement. Would a sentient Cylon still inhabit an old "toaster" body when there's plenty of new flesh & blood one to go around? More likely the old cylon bodies that were left vacant after the minds moved into newer & better bodies were simply re-programed as the simple minded robots they were supposed to be in the first place.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or perhaps these old cylons created the skinjobs to be subservient to them, but the plan backfired and now the skins run the show. It would then better explain why the new centurions are not really sentient since the skins would not want to lose their new-found power.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Mars --

Although Bill told Lee to take the fleet and go, I don't think Lee will. I think Lee'll be at New Caprica, although he & Pegasus might show up as a "Millennium Falcon" surprise.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah, Lee will have to redeem himself for being soft and what better way than the stereotypical "Here I come to save the day!" scene.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

He's going to have to invest in a treadmill first. Yeesh. And I thought *I* had put on some weight recently. [Roll Eyes]
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I liked it when Adama called him a fat ass.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find myself wondering if Jamie Bamber is wearing a fat suit or if he really did put on all that weight...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well he has fat face cheeks, so maybe he did gain it?
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps