Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG: Eyes on the Nukes! ("The Eye of Jupiter" $$$) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BSG: Eyes on the Nukes! ("The Eye of Jupiter" $$$)
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish they all had numbers... My vote is Cavil is Number One.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that D'anna views the 5 other models almost as gods and wants desperately to see them. That means that the 7 models we know have had little or no contact with these 5 which brings into question the whole numbering thing and question if the all the models were made at different times. Also if I recall the 1st season, doesn't Baltar bring up the question of whether number six(perhaps the other 6 models as well) were based on real humans. Don't know how that might relate to our argument, but I thought it was worth bringing up.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris:

Could be. From the numbers we know, the theory that they're numbered by the age that their bodies appear makes sense.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if Cavil is Number One, Leoben or Simon would be Two... Probably Leoben.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

ScottKey
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why one of those two? Why not one of the missing five? For all we know, two of the five could be Number Two and Number Three putting Simon and Leoben at Four and Seven.
IP: Logged
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't comment about it last episode, but I immediately thought of the connection between the radiation cluster of the last episode and the radiation field that was between the Galactica and Carilon in TOS. Deadly radiation field that the needs to be crossed because the fleet is starving and there is food and supplies on the other side.

I didn't make the connection about the eye and the star, but I should have. I've been thinking too much about Jupiter's red spot.

I was surprised the number of survivors didn't drop from last week. Did it? I'm thinking the number should be lower, since 4 ships were lost. How many people are on a skeleton crew?

Galactica is an older ship. Who knows why they carry nukes? At one time humans were fighting each other in the colonies. That was the original reason the Cylons were created. We don't know much about the time period of the first Cylon war. Where there Cylon planets and colonies? There had to be bases of some kind.

I was surprised by Lee and disappointed, but I like the story line. I was thinking they would be back on speaking terms and not having an affair, but hey, it happens. And Kara's reaction is the same reaction many people who have affairs have. The divorce is a sin, this is just bending the rules.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris:

Could be. From the numbers we know, the theory that they're numbered by the age that their bodies appear makes sense.
On that note, wouldn't it be weird if 9,10, 11 & 12 are child-form Cylons?
Especially twisted if they turn out to be the Cylon (re)creators/forbearers. The only reason it might not work is the difficulty in getting young actors that can pull it off.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the writers are slightly confused as to the numbers of the various models. Ron Moore referred to D'Anna as an "Eight" in the last podcast (she's Number Three, Sharon is Eight). And I'm pretty sure that one of the characters in the show referred to Cavil as a "Five" (but Doral is Number Five)...

Here's the official list: @ BattlestarWiki (and the Google cache, since the main site's down).

I'm a little surprised no one's resorted to any "Who is Number One?" jokes yet, seeing how Number Six was named as a nod to The Prisoner. Or alternatively, any "Who does Number Two work for?" jokes. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I am not a number, I am a MACHINE!...oh."

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps