Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG1 "Endless" [SERIES FINALE SPOILERS] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: SG1 "Endless" [SERIES FINALE SPOILERS]
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
quote:
Also, I don't think the Ori followed them to the Asgard galaxy. They didn't show up until we were back in the Milky Way.
Yes they did. They were at the Asgard homeworld. Several ships were caught in the explosion.

As for the beam weapons, I'd assume that the Odyssey just did better than the Asgard ship just because it had a ZPM.

*smacks himself in the forehead* Label me "Idiot" and stick me in the display case, kay?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh - re the Asgard beam weapons - I was thinking 'where did the Asgard actually fire on the Ori' - but yes of course it was when Landry wanted to see how well the new weapons would work.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
*smacks himself in the forehead* Label me "Idiot" and stick me in the display case, kay?

I am sure CC can arrange that.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, the episode as a whole came just short of being excellent. I'm not saying it wasn't good, it just wasn't good enough for a series ending to me.

On the other hand, it did end *exactly* like I thought it should end - with them going through the gate on another mission.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgive the thread ressurection, but I just watched it on DVD.

It definitely was an "un-ending". As has been pointed out already, it was like just another epiosde that left completely unanswered the questions of "Are the Ori alive or dead?", "When will Adria the Hot show up again?", and "What's the deal with this Key to Infinite Treasure thing?" I also found the use of the San Graal mid-season to be a bit of a let down considering the build-up it got at the end of season 9. Then they never came back to it. And they completely ignored the fact that if it didn't work, they had just handed the Ori and Ancient-killing machine with a few bits in the wrong place.

Knowing the movies are coming, I don't really even consider this to be the end of the series. The movies are. They were planned after season 10. The two movies are season 11. That simple.

I'm assuming that "The Ark of Truth" is the first of these direct to DVD movies. It was briefly plugged in a trailer on the DVD set. (Must do research on this) One would guess that the titular Ark is part of the Infinite Treasure.

Overall, it was a good episode with lots of great acting. I was curious as to what the crying and hugging scene with Daniel and Vala was too. I'm of the opinion that she got pregnant and had a miscarriage. Or possibly, it was her finally breaking down over her feelings about Adria. Landry's death made me tear up a bit. And I miss Jack.

In answer to other people's questions, the protected planets treaty is probably no longer necessary with most of the Go'auld being toast. It's really a non-issue. Though one feels sorry for the people on the planets still waiting for the Asgard return. Keep talking to those holograms!

The Ori may not even know about the Pegasus Galaxy. They didn't know about the Milky Way until Daniel and Vala showed up.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps