Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » "Heroes" $$$$SPOILERS$$$$ - Landslide (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Heroes" $$$$SPOILERS$$$$ - Landslide
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this episode certainly changed things and narrowed the possibilities considerably. The bad guys have really taken a hit with Linderman & the Eric Roberts character both getting cranial ventilation. The apparent death of D.J. wasn't so shocking. But why didn't he just phase Nikki instead of jumping in front of her? Did the Feds do something to prevent Ted from radiating? You have to love Hiro's "You Villain! VILLAIN!" to Nathan.

Who is in charge of the "Company" now? And did I mistake the previews or was Parkman shown gut-shot on the street with his Ex-Partner trying to stop the bleeding in next week's episode?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Parkman was shot, I hadn't even noticed until someone told me. But it seems history has changed as I think Sylar could really be the one who blows up and seems psyched about it.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linderman seemed pretty dead, but he is a healer, so who knows? By the way, it's nice to know what it looks like when someone materializes his fist inside your skull!

We learned a few more 'previous generation' heroes. Mr. Petrelli also had powers, and so, apparently, does Nakamura Senior. And both of these left Linderman's group. This might get a bit of a long list if superpowers are really 100% hereditary, and if all the parents are somehow involved with Linderman. It is sort of implied that their generation was the first... I guess we need some big 'origin story' in the coming seasons.

So.. does Bennett have any powers or not? It seemed almost as if he had some extra-special way of convincing Parkman to come with him into the building, and he knew exactly what Thompson (?) was about to do. Perhaps he has the ability to plant thoughts into people head, a l� Darren Brown?

quote:
Did the Feds do something to prevent Ted from radiating?
I would think not. He specifically asked for a concrete cell with lead encasing.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, Ted really doesn't want to hurt anyone. And finding out that he might be responsible for blowing up NY was enough to get him to leave town.

It would seem as though history is changing big time with Linderman dead. I'm not sure anyone's running the Company now. This will no doubt cause interesting possibilities for Congressman Patrelli no longer being under the boot of Big L.

So... Candice is really a lardo. Too bad. Interesting twist on her character though. I hope she doesn't die. She fine.

Where's the Hatian. He seemed to be tight with Ma Patrelli and now he's just gone. Do the comics give any insight. And whatever happened to Wireless?

It seems from the previews that Peter will be forced to use his radioactive powers to stop Sylar from doing the same... or something like that. I'll bet you money that the season ends on a cliffhanger with the bomb going off and us not knowing which one of them popped.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was thinking that the other day - did they just decide they hated the Wireless character, and so only gave us all of 30 seconds of her? I have to applaud the decision if so...I mean, Ok, I can buy that she can listen to radio waves, but it's a hell of a lot more complicated than that to get an IM to pop up. You'd have to be able to neurologically emulate a satellite connection with appropriate protocols, and inside that, TCP/IP, and inside that, the appropriate IM protocol (with valid username and password, and possibly encryption). Of course Mika's 'talking to computers' is also a lot simpler than it should be...there's still security to bypass, even if you can directly communicate with the software. Oh well.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched the episode again. Hiro's dad stated that he'd been "waiting a long time for another Nakamura" to manifest. Highlander-esque stunt double power aside, I've got a sneaky suspicion about Hiro's dad. Perhaps he IS the kensei dragonslayer hero that his son idolizes!

The other interesting thing I liked in this episode is the continuing coolness that are our heroes' weaknesses. Here, we clearly establish that Jessica's weakness is money, and that Lindeman has been using that weakness to manipulate her from the start.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else think Ted's death was totally abrupt and dramaless? Just wham crash open kill...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yah, a bit. and Sylar's painting never really happened either. At least, not with the detail that other paintings have. In the painting, he was clearly standing around the corner from Ted with iceman hands while Ted's hands glowed. Didn't really happen like that.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I would've thought the second Ted's forehead started to part he'd have vented some radioactive frustration at Sylar. All in all Petey should have MUCH more ability than Sylar. He obviously started absorbing Ted's ability while Ted was not manifesting it. SO:

Peter Petrelli:
  • Healing (Claire)
  • Radioactive (Ted)
  • Invisibility (Eccleston's character)
  • Read Minds (Parkman)
  • Foretelling / Painting (Isaak)
  • Flight (Nate "YOU VILLAIN!" Petrelli)
  • Super-hearing (Via Sylar)
  • Telekinesis (Via Sylar)
  • Ice Powers (Via Sylar)
  • The ability to Understand How Things Work (Via Sylar)
  • Molecular Control of Metals (Via Sylar)

Sylar:
  • Super-hearing
  • Foretelling / Painting (Isaak)
  • Telekinesis
  • Ice Powers
  • The ability to Understand How Things Work
  • Molecular Control of Metals

Plus, wasn't Future Sylar (in Nathan guise using Candice's power) in the proximity of the Haitian without having his power nullified?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering about that. Also, Parkman seemed to be able to still read minds with the Haitian around. Perhaps the Haitian's powers are selective?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or the Haitian can't block other telepaths.
I suppose Candice counts as a teep.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Anyone else think Ted's death was totally abrupt and dramaless? Just wham crash open kill...

Yeah I felt bad for his death. All he wanted was to find why he had this power and next thing you know he's killed by the Human Can Opener.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, I would've thought the second Ted's forehead started to part he'd have vented some radioactive frustration at Sylar. All in all Petey should have MUCH more ability than Sylar. He obviously started absorbing Ted's ability while Ted was not manifesting it. SO:
Well we know Ted needs to focus and use his hands to control and direct his power. When Sylar soup-canned him he was in chains and injured. Still you'd at least expect him to glow or something - but I suppose the result is the same.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The Haitian's powers are definitely selective. He can block or not block people's abilities at will. He probably emits a general fuzziness zone around himself, especially for other telepaths, which would be why Parkman had trouble reading him at Primatech even though he and Bennett didn't know he was there.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet, he let Nathan fly away once after he'd cornered him and was standing right next to him. However, the Haitian was starting his process of mind-plumbing at the time Nathan took off, so it's probable that he can't do both at once, or that the process of doing one consciously negates his ability to block other peoples' powers.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps