Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Best unnappreciated Sci-Fi series / Movies (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Best unnappreciated Sci-Fi series / Movies
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

Due to the great populairity of the Thundercats left in a shadow. They never got around to making a final episode...

And ofcourse, the fantastic series: The Visitor.
Roughly 13 suburb episodes, then it got canceled. Why they ever did that is beyond my comprehension.

------------------
"Scan that ship Mr. Worf!"
"Aye sir, 600 DPI?"

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFO: No, they didn't cancel it outright, but in order to have it renewed Don Bellisario would have had to contradict rules laid down for the rest of the series. Some of this is evident in the last season, too. I classify it as underappreciated because most people I've talked to respond with "Quantum What?"

Fabrux: Good one!

IP: Logged
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Invasion America. It's got great story and high-quality animation, but WB canceled it after the first chapter.

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too liked Beauty and the Beast, one of only two or three shows my mother and I watched together.

Alien Nation, yeah, I liked that one too, never saw the last movie that was suppoed to tie up the loose ends.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unnappreciated sci fi flicks...hmm. Of recent note, Dark City. A brilliant film that I think 12 people saw in the theater. Imaginative filming, wonderful acting, and an original plot.

And the often overlooked is Attack of the Flesh Devouring Space Worms From Outer Space. Oh, wait, that was crap.

------------------
Thank God that we live in a country so hysterical over crime that a 10 yr old child can tried as an adult.
~C. Mongomery Burns

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched "Alien: Resurrection" again. I have seen Ron Perlman on at least five non-consecutive occasions since "Beauty & The Beast", without ever connecting the faces. Well, why would I!? Though I must say he looked cooler as a lion. On the other hand, who wouldn't?

------------------
-You're crazy!!!
-I thought I was pisces!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps