Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 2x05 Fight or Flight $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 2x05 Fight or Flight $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, uh, whoa. This episode was definitely a helluva lot faster in pacing than the others so far this season. Points of note:

-Issac foresaw (lousy cumbersome language) Monica and her muscle-memory "copycat" ability. Mohinder has arrived to "bring her in" to the company, but given that its Mohinder, he'll probably squirrel her away somewhere.

-Man, Parkman Sr is one sneaky character. He even had me believing he was relatively harmless. Boy was I wrong. Quite a neat trick he did there with the nightmares. Which means Matt can do it to...

-"What? Its a common name!" Ando is deciphering Hiro's notes, some of which didn't hold up so well over the 400 years. Kensei and Hiro have to fight off an entire army.

-Really, really bad use of greenscreen techniques to show Bennett and the Haitian (damnit, is this guy ever going to get a name?) in Odessa, Ukraine. What are they doing there, again?

-Helloooo, Veronica! Well, whatever that chicky's name is. And she's looking for Peter on an assignment from "daddy"? I didn't know Keith was on the show too... Kinda creepy that she killed Mickey because it was fun... "It won't happen again, I promise!"

-Peter's coming to Canada! Hope we're ready for him. Montreal, eh? I wonder what could possibly be interesting in the Swamp...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm. Might I suggest our threads be merged. :-/
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thread merging isn't possible with UBB software... but I can close it and paste your comments.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

From the other thread...

Did anyone else think the scene with the double-dutch was a little weird? Micah's laughing creeped me out for some reason; I was getting a feeling of foreboding that didn't pan out at all.

I can't figure out if Nikki means it about being there to get help, or if she just doesn't trust Suresh. (After all, *I'm* beginning to wonder - first it's just taking Molly there to be helped, next it's deciding they're not so bad after all, then it's turning Parkman and HRG in...)

Hiro's kind of falling by the wayside, but I still can't figure out if he's going to become Kensei or just help him finish his quests. (He did seem awwwfully surprised that Kensei wasn't Japanese, and you'd think if Kensei was a gaijin it'd be noted in the stories).

Nichelle Nichols is far too old to be Monica's mother; I wonder what happened to her parents. In line with the whole heroes-produce-heroes thing, maybe her parents have powers - but if they do (and Nichelle turns out to be Monica and Micah's grandmother as I assume) then Nichelle should also have a power, if all the parents have powers. (Or was she in the Company picture and I just don't remember? Anybody have a cap?)

Finally, here's an on-screen declaration of duplicate powers - "This thing you and I can do, it goes beyond just reading minds." But Parkman broke out of it because he could also read minds; presumably his power works on the real world, and not on his dream-guys. So I guess this means Parkman can cause these dreams too, and not just his father?

Claire wasn't in this, which disappoints me. She's my favorite. Got to love that whole cute little cheerleader cum bloody burned broken soldier look.

Aaaand now my lovely brain decided to forget how the episode *ended....* So I'll stop typing here :-/

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

There have been several mentions of Monica's mother dying in the hurricane. Nichelle is Monica and Micah's grandmother, making DL Monica's uncle.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, what's up with Nathan? What's the significance of this burnt alter-ego? Does this mean that NY can still get nuked?
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is rather mundane for the Heroverse, but maybe he's just gone insane. Losing his brother and all, and maybe the guilt of pushing away at the last second (or how else did he survive?) has caused a split personality. As Mr Burnt Man said, "I am you."
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
There have been several mentions of Monica's mother dying in the hurricane. Nichelle is Monica and Micah's grandmother, making DL Monica's uncle.

Actually I think "Nana" is Micah's great aunt, rather than his grandmother. We saw his actual grandmother in a season one episode where she was living nearby to Niki and DL's place. She is Monica's granny, though, so she could well have a power. I was actually expecting her to be in the oldies group photo.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You realize that, traditionally, people have two grandmothers...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I know this is rather mundane for the Heroverse, but maybe he's just gone insane. Losing his brother and all, and maybe the guilt of pushing away at the last second (or how else did he survive?) has caused a split personality. As Mr Burnt Man said, "I am you."

It was a nightmare created by a man who can read minds. The burnt visage is just a personification of Nathan's guilt, I wouldn't take it too literally.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
You realize that, traditionally, people have two grandmothers...

Yeah, but Micah's other grandmother would be white. Which Nichelle isn't.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:

It was a nightmare created by a man who can read minds. The burnt visage is just a personification of Nathan's guilt, I wouldn't take it too literally.
But Nathan's seen the burnt man before, earlier in the season, just in the mirror on occasion. Ever since Peter died.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Yeah, but Micah's other grandmother would be white. Which Nichelle isn't."

I was thinking of that woman who watched Micah from time to time early in the first season. But I guess that was just a friend of Niki, not her mother. I don't know where I got that idea.

So, I guess I don't recall the grandmother who supposedly appeared before.

Anyway, if the Wikipedia can be believed, Nichols' character's name is Dawson, and she is, in fact, Micah's great-aunt. Which makes Monica and her brother Micah's second cousins. Their mother or father was D.L.'s cousin, then.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should also be noted that we don't know for sure that the two Parkmans really did have the same powers. That may have just been something Daddy made up to gain some trust.

Yeah, the green screen effects were really horrible. Or at least not suited for HDTV. But they weren't as awful as the Claire and Flying Kid scenes.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well for us mere mortals with standard definition, it looked passable for a TV show.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps