Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 2x05 Fight or Flight $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 2x05 Fight or Flight $$
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Pikachu girl?
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:

Yeah, the green screen effects were really horrible. Or at least not suited for HDTV. But they weren't as awful as the Claire and Flying Kid scenes.

It looked quite bad even on the crumby online video I saw, but it only gets really bad if you watch it a second time and analyse it a bit more. You can see Bennet "walking" at a pace while the fairly still backdrop seems to indicate he's not moving anywhere. Still, it's not supposed to be scrutinised like that, and I'm thankful that they spent less time and money on that if it's what gave us the great shots of NY.

Incidentally, I reversed the "double dutch" that the prison guard babbles in Parkman's hallucination, but it doesn't seem to give away anything meaningful(if this were Lost it'd probably be a bible verse or something..), he's just telling Parkman to keep his arms at his sides.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Well for us mere mortals with standard definition, it looked passable for a TV show.

And with standard def and a 30-year old hunk of junk, I didn't notice a thing - could've sworn they were standing on a soundstage.

Oh and Johnny, what do you mean by the guard speaking "double dutch"? Double dutch is the two-rope jumprope game that Micah watched Monica play. I think the guard's speech was just distorted to the point of gibberish.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you meant double dutch meaning an incomprehensible language. Anyway, someone I watched the episode with suggested the speech had been played backwards, so I reversed it and found out he was right. The guard doesn't say anything much of note(pretty much what you'd expect a guard to say), but he is speaking backwards.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
I thought you meant double dutch meaning an incomprehensible language. Anyway, someone I watched the episode with suggested the speech had been played backwards, so I reversed it and found out he was right. The guard doesn't say anything much of note(pretty much what you'd expect a guard to say), but he is speaking backwards.

I feel like I'm reading too deeply into a pretty inconsequential detail, but I wonder if backwards speech has any significance rel. Daddy Parkman's power.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Kristen Bell is fantastic.)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Seconded.)
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(At first I felt bad for finding her hot in Veronica Mars until I found out she's in her 20s.)

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Heh, Heh Jailbate)
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(No, Mars. "Jailbait" is a hottie under the legal age of consent.)

I can't wait for Matt to get bck home... [Smile]

Matt: "Suresh? The nightmare man is my dad. I figured out how to break his hold. Where's Molly?"
Suresh: "Uh, she was pretty bad, so I took her in to the Company, even though Bennett told me not to."
Matt: "..."
Suresh: *looks sheepish*
Matt: "I kill you now."

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
But Nathan's seen the burnt man before, earlier in the season, just in the mirror on occasion. Ever since Peter died.

Well I assumed the Burnt Nathan, was a lingering fear he has had since he flew his brother off to blow up. Perhaps it's his fear of what "could" have happened had he not whisked his brother away. Parkman's dad, using his ability could probably sense that fear and ramped it up into a full blown hallucination burnt man.

The same could be said for Parkman as well, him being a cop, probably has fears of being locked up unjustly, and with no way to get out. Plus his fear over what happened to his ex-wife and her baby. So he got a double dose of his fears which were amplified by his dad's powers.

Molly has always been afraid of the man who can "see" her, so her fear was that if she did "look" too long at him, he'd notice and she'd not get away. Which is what the nightmare she's in probably is, she's trapped with Parkmans dad somewhere.

So I reckon Parkmans dad can only trap people in nightmares by using fears they have. So he couln't go round trapping people in nightmares about fluffy pink rabbits (unless they're the Monty Python kind [Razz] ).

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that is the best way. The most terrifying nightmare is always a personal one.
It actually reminds me of a bit from that Spielberg mini-series Taken, where the little boy had the power to show you your own life, all of it, beginning to end, driving the person mad with terror and shame. So Matt and his father's powers are less like creating a fantasy illusion and more like holding up a mirror to a person's mind and let it trap itself in it's own reflection.
Of course that shouldn't work on someone who has faced their fear and conquered it, though people with that kind of inner peace are few and far between.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Johnny
Member # 878

quote:
Originally posted by OverRon:

Molly has always been afraid of the man who can "see" her, so her fear was that if she did "look" too long at him, he'd notice and she'd not get away. Which is what the nightmare she's in probably is, she's trapped with Parkmans dad somewhere.

Infact, the graphic novel this week shows us Molly's nightmare. She's being chased around a deserted NY by Sylar and lots of cockroaches.

--------------------

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well her fear of Sylar would be a very real one too, seeing as he ate one of her parent's brain and pinned another to the wall with sharp pointy things.

I really should start reading that graphic novel as well. [Smile]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I'm way behind with those too.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps