Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 2x07 Out of Time $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 2x07 Out of Time $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy shit, we were right. Kensei is the killer. I really didn't believe it was actually true though, just fun speculation - holy, shit.

It amused me when Matt said "All I can do is read minds" - since when is reading minds "all" you can do? Got used to it pretty fast, huh? [Razz] And now of course we have positive confirmation that Matt and his father's abilities are identical - that's a direct generation-to-generation power duplication.

I love how Claire's family took on the Butler last name... "Will Mr. Butler be joining us?" I get a kick out of that...I haven't heart my last name used on TV before, at least not that I can remember.

My TV's a bit temperamental; was the opening logo green instead of orange this time or was it acting up again? If so, why the sudden change?

When the swordsmith and his daughter were taken by Hiro out of the camp, he wasn't physically touching the swordsmith - so how did he teleport them both?

At least Morrie wasn't keeping Molly in a nightmare world, just sitting in an apartment - solitude is bad for your psyche, but 24/7 nightmare would pretty much be literal hell, and I don't think a small child could stand up to that. So at least Morrie, while pretty undeniably evil, isn't totally sick and sadistic.

And good for Matt, sticking it to his dad that way, and standing up for himself finally!

I *knew* Peter was going to accidentally leave Caitlin 'behind' (or is it leaving her ahead? ;P)...

And like I said - Claire was being really, really stupid. Now her family knows, and so does the Company. *high five* Right on, Claire, good for you.

Just like Suresh, I'm now not really sure who's good and who's bad either - Linderman's group WAS bad, and I thought that group was part of the Company, but maybe it wasn't; maybe there *was* a schism with Adam and Linderman and Petrelli against the rest, splitting off to form the group that would try to get Nathan to allow Peter to explode.

So, I'm glad we finally got a really good episode this season. And the preview of the next ep looks to be interesting too.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And he does it again. Maybe we should have a dedicated topic-starter for these?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Replying to something in the other, closed thread... Yes, the corona was green this week. Dunno why.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm, hmmm. My enthusiasm has once again caused me to infringe upon Most Holy Fabrux [Wink] How about you start the threads related to new Heroes eps from now on, eh?
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The logo is green this week (same with all the NBC affiliates) because of some environmental promotion they're doing. Meh.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't know about how holy I am... but okay.

I missed the first couple of minutes of the episode due to not finding it airing at its usual slot right away (a special 2-hour episode of Prison Break was on the usual channels...). Anything interesting happen directly after the recap, or was it straight to the disinfection bit?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
The logo is green this week (same with all the NBC affiliates) because of some environmental promotion they're doing. Meh.

Yeah it was so pathetic, especially hearing Quinto say "My character wants to destroy the world, but in reality I want to save it." Yeah, sure dude, whatever.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the look when he said that was one of "And then I will RULE it".

Well, I had suspected since Kaito's plunge that Kensei was the killer which seems confirmed. But I had not expected him to be the Adam Monroe character. My question is HOW did he know Peter would show up in the future? Did Adam/Kensei have access to paintings that we haven't seen yet? Is there someone else with prognostication?

Did anyone else catch how quickly he healed from Peter's zap? Could Adam actually be the father of Linderman? I also have a hunch that the Kristen Bell character is related to him as well as the Petrelli's and Claire. Would also tie in with the tenuous Biblical reference of Adam and him being the First One?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Yeah, and "You guys are the heroes! WOOO!" ...So fucking corny.

Fabrux, anyone with a member number less than 100 is holy, you see. It just seems appropriate somehow. The First Ones or summat. *shrug* Maybe I lost my mind sometime recently.

I"m a bit fuzzy on the beginning of th episode now in my morning grogginess, but maybe you can just see it online?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Did anyone else catch how quickly he healed from Peter's zap? Could Adam actually be the father of Linderman? I also have a hunch that the Kristen Bell character is related to him as well as the Petrelli's and Claire. Would also tie in with the tenuous Biblical reference of Adam and him being the First One?
For all we know he could be related to ALL of them. He's certainly been around long enough to sow those oats.

As for the Peter connection, from the note we already know he's had contact with Peter, presumably before the Haitian neutralized him. Exactly how much time passed between the seasons anyway?

Anyone else pick up that Midas-Bob (and by extension, everyone else) doesn't seam to know that Adam is an immortal, that is until Hiro crosses paths with him again.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend: 4 months. Thus, the title of 2x01: "Four Months Later."

...you know, Adam doesn't look like Kensei in The Picture. At least, I don't remember seeing him. *checks the wiki* Nope. Not there. I guess he just got the twelve together or something? Maybe he took the photo. But Nathan at least recognized the others, even if he didn't know their names, and he's never heard of Adam Monroe. Not like he could have plastic surgery, at any rate; it wouldn't stick.

Also, and I've been saying this for ages now, Claire is an idiot.

Also, I'm not sure West has good intentions. Look at it like this:
-he remembers being abducted and HRG's face, but nothing else. The Haitian worked for the Company then; what reason would he have to leave that with someone they're just going to dump back home?
-The Company knew awfully quickly that it was her. Surely there are other people than Adam and Claire who can regenerate? The photo's of Debbie, so they couldn't have gone by that. At any rate, someone had to bring the article to their attention.

But then there's the GN about him--which is one of my favorites, for the art and the last page or so--which kind of disagrees with that. *shrug*

Anyway. The Parkman/Molly scenes were absolutely wonderful. I loved them loved them loved them. Mohinder, Matt and Molly make such a cute little family.

EDIT: Also, I was rewatching Matt's first scene with Molly--the program the EEG is connected to is a real program for EEG readings. I used it in Intro to Psych freshman year. (Don't ask.) Nice detail there.

[ November 06, 2007, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: HopefulNebula ]

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Reverend: 4 months. Thus, the title of 2x01: "Four Months Later."
So plenty of time for Peter to (somehow) meet up with Adam, get on a note writing level of acquaintanceship and get his mind wiped by the Haitian (perhaps voluntarily, hence the necklace?)

quote:
-he remembers being abducted and HRG's face, but nothing else. The Haitian worked for the Company then; what reason would he have to leave that with someone they're just going to dump back home?
Parkman remembered the Haitian in the bar right before he was bagged and tagged. So perhaps the Haitian intentionally leaves scraps of memory as clues that something isn't right, giving them a fair chance to get paranoid enough to run, or maybe it's his form of secret rebellion against the company for making him do things he resents.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

If you watched the preview for the next episode, you'll note it's going to show us how Adam and Peter met and became partners/friends.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like we're also going to learn how Peter got electro-powers from Elle. (Had they mentioned her name before?)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't I take notice of spoilers warnings!?! Maybe in future people can leave a few gaps or warnings at the top of their posts!?! Thanks [Wink]

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps