Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 2x07 Out of Time $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 2x07 Out of Time $$
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody's mentioned Peter's sudden regaining of his memories. Does anyone else think we were seeing Angela's powers in action? Nobody in the past has regained their memories after being wiped by the Haitian(if we assume that's what caused Peter's amnesia) and it was curious that most of the flashes of memory we saw related to his mother, as though she was replacing the parts of his life that she was there to witness. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but that was the impression I got. It could have just as easily been the shock of seeing someone from his past life that jogged his memory.

Fantastic episode, anyway. I'm disappointed to learn about the green intro being a gimmicky network campaign rather than a cryptic hint about the plot, but I suppose either way it would have been a bit silly. The scenes with Parkman and Molly were my favourites too, but did anyone else find it hard not to smirk when Mo was telling Niki she had the virus and he had the big plaster over his nose? [Smile]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rather thought he was using Parkman's power without meaning to, and reading her mind. But I suppose it could have been her power; sort of an anti-Haitian. Wonder if she then could block his ability to block powers?
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at that scene again and you're right, he's reading her mind. [Frown]

Y'see I thought she could control people's thoughts, this was backing up my theory. Towards the end of season one she was telling Nathan to let Peter explode and he was all "I can't do it, ma!", but then she put her hand on his back and he seemed to completely change his mind. For a while.

Oh well.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm hoping her power turns out to be really, really cool.
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It had goddamn well better be, the way they're cockteasing us.

(No, I did NOT just write "coketeasing.")

Also, I have to recant a bit about West being evil. I still think he's creepy and not entirely on the level, but I rewatched it earlier today and the company got the information on Claire from the police report, not the newspaper. That still doesn't make West entirely good/non-culpable in this.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just think he's an ass. The sort of guy that, if Claire were one of my chick-friends in high school, I would have done my best to warn her away from. Of course, she's being a naive little twit herself, so...

I just want to see West, Claire, and Mohinder get a sharp, cold wake-up call, existential ice-water to the face, that it's a NASTY FUCKING WORLD they're involved with.

I wonder if Sylar will take Maya's power, and Peter will absorb Alejandro's ability and stop both Syalr and the Shanthi Virus...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I noticed the green intro and thought it was some hint or indicator about what was going to go on in the episode. Like I remember something similar from an X-files title sequence.

Anyways will Parkman and Nathan become company men?

As for Claire healing powers being the cure for the plague, I think that comapny will try and make a cure and fail. And that Sylar, after taking Maya's and Alejandro's powers, unwittingly being the one who cures the plague. I can see it now, Peter and Sylar will be doing battle in New York (I mean where else, as it does seem to be the center of Hereos universe). Peter then absorbs Maya's power from Sylar, and looses control of it, making Sylar's eye bleed that black liquid. Sylar then uses Alejandro's plague curing power to stop himself dieing, and in the process cures the Shanti virus plague. And of course, all the virus carriers will be nearby at the time and will be cured... Or something like that! [Smile]

I like the twist of Kensai being Adam Monroe. Did he gather the original hereos together? Or did he find them after they'd done the "save the world" gig, like when they stopped the Typhoon destroying the Eastern Seaboard, and then subverted them into being the company we see in season 1? Which is another question, which came first the Company or the original band of Hereos?

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

The original band of heroes pretty much *is* the Company. The Twelve started the company; KensEi was not in the picture, so either he wasn't a part of the Company or...I dunno, maybe he was taking the picture! [Razz]

I think it's bit early to speculate so wildly about the final episode of the season. And with this writer's strike, we might not even *see* the final episode of the season :-/ Anyway, speaking of Sylar, I keep wondering if Candace really died or just made Sylar think she did.

....Now here is some *wild* speculation that I don't actually believe is true....But wouldn't it be cool if in fact Maya, Alejandro, and Sylar are all together in that shack where Sylar was being kept, while Candace gives them the illusion of their merry trip to NYC with the aims of subverting Maya into a killer for use by the Company?

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couple things. Peter couldn't have been reading Mrs. Petrelli's memories. All the flashes were of her. Not him through her eyes.

If Adam's not in that picture then why did Nathan point out the people he knew and then point and say "but I don't know who this is" and have Bob name him?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Adam wasn't in the photo when we saw it onscreen. As I recall the man Nathan didn't know was Maury - he asked Bob who he was, and Matt took the photo and did some dramatic walking-away-from-the-camera thing and said "that's my dad" or something like it.

Quote from the wiki page on The Company: " In "Four Months Later�", Kaito Nakamura reveals that there were twelve original members, and in "The Kindness of Strangers" a photo of the twelve is seen, with all members except Adam Monroe, who was the founder of the company. "

Also if you poke around wikipedia you might note that the writers call the symbol the "helix;" doesn't look much like a helix to me...

And here's a link from the actual Heroes wiki showing all twelve of the founders that were in the picture, none of which is Monroe: http://heroeswiki.com/Group_of_twelve

Edit: I've been looking through the graphics novels and I'll have to recant my earlier statement - the sadistic fuck Maury *was* keeping Molly in a nightmare world. Maybe he eventually quit the scary stuff, or here's an alternative idea... Matt said to Maury that this was HIS nightmare, his old apartment. So maybe when he got inside Molly's nightmare while sucking his dad in, he pulled her into Maury's nightmare himself.

[ November 08, 2007, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Daniel Butler ]

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Dan, I was talking about in this last episode when Nathan and Bob were talking about the people in the picture. Matt identified Maury a couple episodes ago. But either way, Adam's not in the picture so I need to see th eepisode again to see what I'm remembering...

--Jonah

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Oh, ok. Yeah, and perhaps me as well if I'm getting th episode order that confused.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Also if you poke around wikipedia you might note that the writers call the symbol the 'helix;' doesn't look much like a helix to me..."

It looks very much like a very short segment of a helix, viewed from the side.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking Maury might not have been able to maintain the nightmare all the time, not while he was focussing on Niki. Maybe by "this is where he keeps me," Molly meant "when he's not terrorizing me?"

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I know this is probably obvious to everyone else but it just *now* occurred to me...I was thinking about Alejandro and Maya, and how their powers are linked. I just thought that maybe since they're twins, the power got kind of ... split. The ability to create the virus went to Maya and the ability to turn it off went to Alejandro, and if they hadn't been twins - if there'd been only one of them - the person would have had the full ability to control it, both to activate and deactivate. What do you think?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps