Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Did anyone else watch BSG: Razor in the theaters? (Major $$$!!!) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Did anyone else watch BSG: Razor in the theaters? (Major $$$!!!)
Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I read in the credits "young Helena Caine" but we never saw her... so I'm guessing the extra 20 mis will have something to do with her early life... a lost parent to the first war, perhaps?

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it was only his first combat as a Viper pilot, he could have been an enlisted man of some description before receiving a commission as a Viper pilot. Of course, were that the case it should have been on his dossier, which as you can see it wasn't.

Of course it's not unusual for there to be high ranking officers with little or no combat experience in peace time, I don't imagine Cain ever saw much action beyond criminals/smugglers and political terrorists, especially considering she was still a child in the first war.

Anyway, back to Adama; it might be worth bearing in mind that he's not totally green (as he protests in the 1st webisode), as about a week before this they Cylons had boarded the Galactica and killed two thousand personnel, as I recall. Also, our perception of Adama as a "Great Leader" is coloured by the fact he's a main character and possible some of the legacy of Lorne Greene's character brings certain expectations. The fact is though, as an officer he's not that remarkable on paper. Only one combat flight in the 1st Cylon War, demobed after only 3 years as a commissioned officer, re-entered service through family connections when he was in his 40's (not something I imagine endeared him to his fellow officers, possibly partly why he dragged Saul with him) though he managed to work his way up from Major to Commander in only 8 years, his first command of a Battlestar ended in disaster and was quietly shuffled off to the Galactica to retire in obscurity.

P.S. The Cylon god is a Bentusi!

[ November 14, 2007, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Maybe it was only his first combat as a Viper pilot, he could have been an enlisted man of some description before receiving a commission as a Viper pilot. Of course, were that the case it should have been on his dossier, which as you can see it wasn't."

I wasn't aware Razor was screening in theaters, or I totally would've tried to have gone. Meanwhile, if we're talking about Adama here, it's possible that he was in the Fleet for quite some time but had only recently been transfered to a combat position: he could've been stationed as an instructor, or on a station away from the fighting.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that was some episode. The attack of on the shipyard was insane, though I'm sorry to have seen all those newly designed Battlestars go kaboom.

About Super Hybrid Guy, I wouldn't say he is the Cylon God, but maybe more of a cult leader who thinks he's God? Also maybe it was my poor vision, but didn't he seem to have a full body and not just an upper torso with wires attached.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think he thinks he's god, I think he said his "children" call him god. Savey?

Again with the Adama thing, it says in his file, first assignment was the Galactica as a Viper pilot. So that's it really, he's a rook that barely got into the action before the Armistice.

Speaking of which, I assume it was no coincidence the ceasefire was agreed just as the first hybrid scarpered.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Speaking of which, I assume it was no coincidence the ceasefire was agreed just as the first hybrid scarpered.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Although considering that a cease-fire would take time (hours, or days, maybe) to actually agree to, even in a rapid-pace negotiation. I don't think that the Cylons would've just phoned up the Colonial President in the middle of the battle to say, "Yeah hi, how's it going? Look, about this war thing, what do you say we call it off?"

My suspicion is that the Cylons recognized the importance of their biological research, and once the Colonials got wind of it, they decided to postpone the war and focus on their research, rather than risk losing their advances in combat. Therefore, the negotiations were probably already ongoing (likely in secret), as the Cylons got wind of the upcoming attack against their research base; and the agreement came down as the battle was being fought.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Actually, in the first "flashback" webisode mention is made of rumours of a peace treaty, so it's not quite out of the blue. I do wonder though what became of the test subjects that were still on the ground. I can only assume they were picked up with Adama, so one wonders why accounts of human experimentation weren't public knowledge 40 years later. Perhaps it ties into the Valkyrie/bulldog mission, or maybe it was misunderstood as being for bio-weapons research...which is not far from the truth. Mind you, there was that robotic arm covered in flesh, so someone must have had some inkling. Most likely the whole thing was classified and buried, or just slipped through the cracks in the aftermath of the war.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the surviving subjects had no clue what was going on. And though we didn't get a good sense of perspective, I got the impression that the being in the tank that grabbed Adama was the Hybrid himself (we heard his voice, after all). Which would mean that the remaining prisoners were all aboard the basestar when it took off, and were never recovered.

Which means that all Adama had was a wild story with nothing to back it up. No wonder it got buried.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Not so. If you watch the 4th flashback webisode you'll see that entire bit takes place in a small ground based structure, away from the Basestar.
Also, nothing really grabs Adama, as the tank is empty. It's a mystery, but we can infer some connection with the hybrid that made him see part of what went on.
I think it's meant to imply the Hybrid has a greater consciousness than a normal being. Some of this is implied with the "new" hybrids, but unlike them he's lucid and omniscient and possibly now that his body has been destroyed perhaps his consciousness has evolved into a state of pure thought, like what happened to David Bowman at the end of 2001 and the race that created the TMA-1. Sharon does mention that there are only references to him in the Cylon Database, supporting the idea he went off on his own, possible shortly after coming on-line and slightly more aware than was intended, possibly transcendent. She also says something like some (bet you a tenner it's Leoban) belive he's out there trying to evolve.
Perhaps there's more of a connection to him and the Angels/Demons encountered by Baltar, Six & Kara than I first thought. Still the question remains, if he's the Cylon God and is genuinely concerned that Kara is going to lead humanity to it's end, then who was not-Leoban in "Maelstrom" and why take her to Earth, only to send her back to lead the fleet there?

Perhaps Earth won't be the haven they're hoping for.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if Earth isn't the right place, I hope nothing bad happens to the last of humanity. It would suck if they were all wiped out at the end.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Maybe it's not Earth she's leading them to.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

That's no Earth, its a space station!
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

quote:

Or maybe it's not Kara who's leading them. (Dunno why that occurred to me.)

--------------------

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
quote:

Or maybe it's not Kara who's leading them. (Dunno why that occurred to me.)
A Starbuck Cylon..? It does sound just subversive enough to be a Cylon plan... Interesting.

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RDM has said she's not a Cylon. That's not to say she's human anymore/either. But there's no way she can be the Fynol Cylon.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps