Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Did anyone else watch BSG: Razor in the theaters? (Major $$$!!!) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Did anyone else watch BSG: Razor in the theaters? (Major $$$!!!)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
RDM has said she's not a Cylon.

Do you have a source for that? Not that I doubt you, it's just something that I hadn't heard, and I've been keeping my eye out for comments like that. The only ones I'd heard were off-limits for the final Cylon were Adama and Roslin. But I think that's great news; I didn't want Starbuck to be a Cylon, it would be too pat of an answer for her return.

quote:
That's not to say she's human anymore/either.
Yeah, that's basically what I was implying.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, maybe there's a third party involved in all this. After all, did we ever find out who sent that beacon that the Cylons found and became ill from?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We KNOW there's a third (and possibly forth) party involved because of the very presence of Harvey-Six, Harvey-Baltar and Not-Leoban.
Theories range from a splinter group of cylons (final five?) to one or more surviving Lord(s) of Kobol or even the thirteenth Tribe themselves.

As for the beacon, that was left by the 13th Tribe and the plaque was just something that was on their ship at the time, the infection of the Cylons seamed to be unintentional. Like the guy who sneezed on one of the Luna probes.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
quote:

Do you have a source for that? Not that I doubt you, it's just something that I hadn't heard, and I've been keeping my eye out for comments like that. The only ones I'd heard were off-limits for the final Cylon were Adama and Roslin. But I think that's great news; I didn't want Starbuck to be a Cylon, it would be too pat of an answer for her return.
I did read it somewhere, I'll try to find out where from again.

EDIT: My original post about it is here: http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/1098/4.html#000051

. . . which points to this: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07085/770732-352.stm , but which doesn't say any such thing. That's odd. Then, below that: http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/1098/4.html#000056 I link to http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles/1556508/20070405/story.jhtml in which it's not explicitly stated there either! One discrepancy I note between those two interviews is that in one, he's cagey about whether Starbuck's a hallucination, and in the second (and later, the first being in March, the second in June) he explicitly says she's not. So he can be sneaky if he wants to. . .

[ November 16, 2007, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Lee ]

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
RDM has said she's not a Cylon. That's not to say she's human anymore/either. But there's no way she can be the Fynol Cylon.

Nahhhhh... It's the President Lady!! [Big Grin]

or even the flightline 'mech chick!!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
quote:

I did read it somewhere, I'll try to find out where from again.

EDIT: My original post about it is here: http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/1098/4.html#000051

. . . which points to this: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07085/770732-352.stm , but which doesn't say any such thing. That's odd. Then, below that: http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/1098/4.html#000056 I link to http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles/1556508/20070405/story.jhtml in which it's not explicitly stated there either! One discrepancy I note between those two interviews is that in one, he's cagey about whether Starbuck's a hallucination, and in the second (and later, the first being in March, the second in June) he explicitly says she's not. So he can be sneaky if he wants to. . .

I've heard this somewhere as well and I'm sure it was straight from RDM. Perhaps it was on a podcast?

P.S. Did anyone else spot the Aliens reference?

[ November 16, 2007, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aliens reference, you mean in Razor?
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
Nahhhhh... It's the President Lady!! [Big Grin]

In one of the podcasts (I'm pretty sure it was the Frak Party round table discussion), Ron Moore specifically pointed out that only two people were considered entirely exempt from being Cylons: and that was Bill Adama and Laura Roslin, because they're the de facto leaders of Humanity. Anyone else was fair game to some extent.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

DUN,DUN,DUN!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well, as unfortunate as it might be, it's things like this that give the strike a purpose. If it didn't disrupt popular shows then there'd be no pressure on the studios, or whomever their beef is with.
I wouldn't worry though, in the long run they'll finish it, there's always the possibility or resuming after the strike with a mini-series or something.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

quote:
Moore added: �I am ready to put the rest of the story on the table and take the risk that I�ll never be able to tell it, in support of this strike. Like Adama says, you make your choices and then you live with them.�
I would've said, "Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six," myself. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Considering Sci-Fi's history of having some of its most popular shows canceled I would have said "This has all happened before, and it will all happen again, again, again..."
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Oh, BURN!

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, like, that was pretty good, but maybe not crazy insane great, like the long (long long) wait made me hope for.

re Adama's weird vision after putting his hand into that tank, I thought it might have something to do with those "keyboards" aboard the basestars. (Specifically, the fact that they're filled with some kind of liquid ((like a big soup of neurotransmitters?)) that takes commands from the Cylons and sends information back.) But, like, he was still wearing the gloves on his presumably airtight flightsuit?

I'm not so thrilled with the idea that the old Cylons were destroyed by the new Cylons they created. I mean, I get the thematic significance, but it seems a little played out, to me, and I guess I'm not looking forward to the rumored Centurion revolt, or at least not as much as I could be.

Ron Moore has his own blog here, if you haven't seen it already, started in the wake of the strike, and he does sound a potentially wary note about the next season.

I don't think the guy in the cage was Leoben, since he does peep out around the corner and I didn't see much of a resemblance. Also, as has been mentioned, it looked to me like everyone inside the building should have been OK, assuming the ceiling didn't collapse on them or something. I don't think it is a continuity violation for the Colonials to have some vague inkling of what the Cylons were up to, since, as has also been talked about here before, Adama seemed to catch on to Leoben awfully quickly.

Oh, and I didn't assume that the hybrid Shaw found was God in the omnipotent sense the Cylons usually describe. I took "his children" to mean just the rebel Cylons with him, though he later expands the definition to include everybody, so I don't know. I don't think the Cylons are speaking of any physical entity when they talk about God, though.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I suppose it depends on your definition of God, perhaps in creating the hybrid they made something capable of manifesting a higher conciousness that existed before the body.
There has been some mention before that the hybrids have some quasi-mystical connection with the cosmos, but like I said, depends on how you define a God.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps